• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does this image offend you?

I am more offended that these two are been made to apologize for doing nothing illegal or wrong, they are in a gun shop holding guns which are legal, not to mention shooting is an Olympic sport, yet some poor excuse for a journo feels the need to make a big deal of it.....

Really what if the same picture was taken with Micheal Diamond or any other of ur Olympic shooting team?

Just disgraceful journalism......

Totally agree with you Neddy, and more to the point you stayed on topic.

better then me LOL :D:D:D

You are asking a question that is impossible to answer, this is typical of those who premise we are safer because we cannot arm ourselves with guns. Funny thing is, I can buy a gun whenever I want, just not legally, and so could you, just ask around and you could have a gun in 24hrs no prob regardless of whether you know people or not. Just like anyone could ask around and get drugs within a day no problem.

But you think you are safer? LOL, ok.

And you are making blanket statements to back your personal view, despite the fact that you acknowledge an increase in gun crime?

I ask why or how you think Australian gun laws make it safer?

The last line here is a good one
"While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them"

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
To stay on topic Rambodian, I don't find that photo offensive, it's just the media doing it's thing as usual.

Now off topic, I didn't say that banning guns was a good or bad thing, that's a whole different discussion however, if we followed the American model of gun usage then that WOULD be a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
There is no need for the general population to be walking around in public carrying a gun.
The American's obsession with guns and their right to bear arms is fanatical at best.

Guns don't bother me I go shooting every now an then but it's a shame they didn't shoot each other I think they are wankers and hope they get banned ..

Guns don't bother me I go shooting every now an then but it's a shame they didn't shoot each other I think they are wankers and hope they get banned ..

lolol

nice to see you're staying on topic Tregster! I've seen Nick Darcy out in the cocktail bars around Brisbane before.....a wanker he most definitely is. But banned over the photo? Nahhh...cmon, they're just lad's having a laugh.

I don't think he can be banned because he's a wanker...but perhaps they should add that clause for future use? :D

How about banned for life for that king hit only fuck heads do that ! He has no balls only guns he should hold are water pistols with bubble water in them

How about banned for life for that king hit only fuck heads do that ! He has no balls only guns he should hold are water pistols with bubble water in them

Yep, agree!

People in moments of stupidity, do really dumb things. That was my entire point.

And young Nick, is no exception. Thank god he never had a gun! Maybe thats why all the hoo haa!? He has permanently changed the fabric of another human beings life with that king hit. The media in this instance, is unforgiving with this young man. That's fo sho.

Can't see anything wrong with the photo, no laws have been broken, no one has been hurt, nothing has been done wrong.

I don't understand why people have a problem with legitimate gun ownership, there is a lot of rules and legislation legal gun owners have to follow as it is.

People saying there is no place for guns in the city, well there are plenty of rifle and pistol ranges within most cities, well in Sydney anyway, and it is a legitimate sport, just like power lifting, body building, football, cricket, boxing, surfing, table tennis, jogging etc. etc. Apart from that there are plenty of people, like myself, who live in the city (for now) and who legally own guns and legally use them in the country, same with my 4X4 with a big bad arsed bull bar fitted, that some wowsers want to complain about as well:cool:

Just because *you personally ( *you being people arguing for banning any privately owned guns)are not into something does not mean it's not someone else's sport or hobby, saying they are not needed is a big can of worms, as many (most) things are not needed, we don't need fast cars, we don't need V8's, we don't need 20 different types of shampoo, we don't need a huge house, we don't need air conditioning, we don't need heating, we don't need to do weights, we don't need to go out for dinner, we don't need computers, we don't need am overseas holiday etc etc (you get the point) but people want it, people can afford it, so they have it.

'Responsible Law Abiding Citizens' who want to legally own guns, I can not see a problem with it, of course gun ownership needs to be monitored, no guns to persons with criminal history, depression, anger issues, mental health issues, adverse or unknown history etc would be a good idea IMO.

Last edited:
Nothing offensive about posing with firearms in a country where it's legal to do so.

The media is just jumping on the bandwagon and people *want* to hate on old mate darcey (and rightly so) because he bashed a bloke and pretty much got off scott-free. Sure he was fined a large amount in damages to pay to the victim but he just declared bankruptcy and that's that. Any normal person would be in prison for bashing someone like he did.

"On 31 March 2008, D'Arcy was charged with assault after a brawl with former Commonwealth Games triple gold medalist Simon Cowley on the night of D'Arcy's naming in the Australian Olympic team.[13] He was later charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm. On 3 April 2008, a second athlete, Tim Peach, came forward claiming he was also assaulted by D'Arcy.[14] D'Arcy was granted conditional bail to appear in court on 21 April 2008. He pled guilty to one charge of recklessly inflicting grievous bodily harm, the victim suffered fractures to his jaw, eye socket, hard palate, cheek bone and nose.[15]"

"In March 2009, D'Arcy received a jail sentence of 14 months and 12 days, suspended on condition of good behavior.[20]"

"In December 2011, after Cowley had been awarded $180,000 in damages, D'Arcy declared himself bankrupt"

The American's obsession with guns and their right to bear arms is fanatical at best.

LOL Darkos, that's how it is portrayed in Australia, in USA it's hardly spoken about. And when it is, Australia hears more about it than the yanks do.

How do I know? The armorer of my hand gun club moved from the USA 3yrs ago, he wasn't a gun owner until he moved to Australia, and he was surprised about how Australians think yanks are all gun wielding maniacs when the yanks themselves barely raise an eyebrow LOL.

Don't believe the media hype in Australia about American gun laws mate, it's seen as pretty much a non-issue by most Americans. And the funny thing is, most yanks don't even have a gun. It's just hyped up over here in Aus.

LOL Darkos, that's how it is portrayed in Australia, in USA it's hardly spoken about. And when it is, Australia hears more about it than the yanks do.

How do I know? The armorer of my hand gun club moved from the USA 3yrs ago, he wasn't a gun owner until he moved to Australia, and he was surprised about how Australians think yanks are all gun wielding maniacs when the yanks themselves barely raise an eyebrow LOL.

Don't believe the media hype in Australia about American gun laws mate, it's seen as pretty much a non-issue by most Americans. And the funny thing is, most yanks don't even have a gun. It's just hyped up over here in Aus.

Rambo, no-one said that the yanks are all gun wielding maniacs.
Fact is in some American states the gun laws allow you to walk in the streets with a firearm, either concealed or open carry, now you tell me for what purpose would you need to be carrying a firearm out in public?

It's one thing to be a member of a shooting club or even to have a gun in your own home but to want to carry a hand gun in the street?

Rambo, no-one said that the yanks are all gun wielding maniacs.
Fact is in some American states the gun laws allow you to walk in the streets with a firearm, either concealed or open carry, now you tell me for what purpose would you need to be carrying a firearm out in public?

It's one thing to be a member of a shooting club or even to have a gun in your own home but to want to carry a hand gun in the street?

Why should it be illegal to have a rifle on the gun rack of your hunting truck?

The only place that is legal open carry is texas. They believe if a police man or soldier has yhe right to carry a firearm then anyone does. It's a novel concept they call it FREEDOM.

Why should it be illegal to have a rifle on the gun rack of your hunting truck?

The only place that is legal open carry is texas. They believe if a police man or soldier has yhe right to carry a firearm then anyone does. It's a novel concept they call it FREEDOM.

Brick, I'm talking about carrying a hand gun on your person in the street not having a racked gun in truck, would seem like an obvious difference don't you think.
The freedom card is a poor excuse, cops can drive at over the speed limit when they need to so why shouldn't I be able to cruise along at 140km when I want.
And comparing a soldier's need to carry a firearm to a civilian is a bit silly.

thats bad, but as expected. America is the first first world country on the list and above a few second world countries.

My idea of yanks is that they honestly think you need a a fire arm to protect yourself, even from basic 'assaults'. thats the impression i've got from them.

Also.. the 'right to bear arms' is fucking stupid... having your country founded on owning firearms is idiotic...

the right to bear arms thing stems from when they fought for independence from England, it was a miltia thing to protect the country from attacks , so not really a citizen vs military thing but much rather a miltia vs army

the NRA is a major political player with a lot of backing and support , which explains why there is such a huge gun lobby

I have nothing against owning a gun , but don't see the need to own automatic/semi automatic

An armed populace is a free populace.

How do you opress people with ready access to weapons?

This has come out this morning, not sure if anyones bought it up already.

"Swimming Australia could be forced into an embarrassing backflip for sanctioning Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk after two former world champions revealed the sport's governing body organised team bonding sessions at a Canberra rifle range."

An Olympic-sized apology?

That made me laugh rollo! Good posting!

The boys should not be persecuted for this image, their just having a laugh and mucking around for godsake. We might have strict gun laws, but since when did Australia lose it's sense of humour? lol

yeah boi!

Nothing offensive about posing with firearms in a country where it's legal to do so.

The media is just jumping on the bandwagon and people *want* to hate on old mate darcey (and rightly so) because he bashed a bloke and pretty much got off scott-free. Sure he was fined a large amount in damages to pay to the victim but he just declared bankruptcy and that's that. Any normal person would be in prison for bashing someone like he did.

"On 31 March 2008, D'Arcy was charged with assault after a brawl with former Commonwealth Games triple gold medalist Simon Cowley on the night of D'Arcy's naming in the Australian Olympic team.[13] He was later charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm. On 3 April 2008, a second athlete, Tim Peach, came forward claiming he was also assaulted by D'Arcy.[14] D'Arcy was granted conditional bail to appear in court on 21 April 2008. He pled guilty to one charge of recklessly inflicting grievous bodily harm, the victim suffered fractures to his jaw, eye socket, hard palate, cheek bone and nose.[15]"

"In March 2009, D'Arcy received a jail sentence of 14 months and 12 days, suspended on condition of good behavior.[20]"

"In December 2011, after Cowley had been awarded $180,000 in damages, D'Arcy declared himself bankrupt"

the other guy was the wanker that told police he was injured in a hit n run accident, leading to a bit of a search and a lot of hype...
then later he tearfully revealing to the media that he had lied to police and the ledia, and had broken his elbow falling off a skateboard.. :D

so it's not about the guns really, it's about the behaviour of these two, and their lack of portraying a good image in what is the jewel of Aus olympic teams, the swimmers..

right or wrong, public figures are held up to greater scrutiny, and someone convicted of assaulting a FELLOW TEAM MATE then posing with guns, does not make for a good image. :confused:

methinks they are just worried what shit they will get up to in the 2 weeks after their events, to bring the Aus olympic team into disrepute.