• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does Glucosamine/Chondroitn/MSM work ?

K

kokonutz

Hi All,

Just looking to aid in support for my Joints & Ligaments, I already am on Cissus from Bulk Nutrients product. But, I was also wondering is there evidence to support that Glucosamine/Chondroitn/MSM is effective in Joints & Ligaments.

After a heavy workout my joints & Ligaments hurt and burn for 3-4 days sometimes a week this really ruins my potential to workout to my best. Is Glucosamine/Chondroitn/MSM effective or just Hocus Pocus just like Glutamine ? Anyone have any scientific data to help me out.

Thanks,

I think it is a waste of money, as with most supplements.

I have a question for you.
And everyone else that uses bandaids

Do you think that an exercise program is designed to produce injury or protect from injury?

I think it is a waste of money, as with most supplements.

I have a question for you.
And everyone else that uses bandaids

Do you think that an exercise program is designed to produce injury or protect from injury?

No, but, I would like to recover quicker. That is all.

I think you are missing Andy's point. You are getting beat up for 3-4 days in your joints after a workout. That is not good, you are either doing something wrong or have some issues you should get checked out.

I would say he has some joint issues, that is why he would be asking the question.

Just trying to help

By your statement bigmick you as a personal trainer would encourage heavy workouts and substance to cover pain?

If you agree, then you as with many believe that exercise is a means of showing how tough one is and nothing to do with improving "joint issues"?

Haha, I am a long way from being a PT, I know what you are getting at, but I think this guy is just trying to work out of this stuff would assists him with his problem.

If I was in that much pain I would not be doing it, and would be looking at alternatives, but I would also look at something that might help.

I think this guy knows he has joint issues already, but he is just looking for feed back on the supplements he mentioned.

Cool thanks, will have read of that when I get a chance, as I was wondering about the same stuff as well.:)

I take the Bulk Nutrients joint supplement with glucosamine, condroiton and MSM as a preventative thing, been taking it for 12 months and my elbows and wrists feel fine, I stopped taking it for a month in the middle and did notice some joint discomfort starting to creep in.

Now it's part of my daily routine:

Last edited:
it did work for me at the beginning, i felt that my wrist had strengthened.. but i have since stopped taking it;

i had been taking it everyday for months, some of my joints would crack daily while on this so i decided to stop using it and my joints don't crack anymore (apart from my knees when getting up from a kneeling position)..

i have been taking fishoil everyday i think this has helped also

I'm trying ANIMAL FLEX at the moment as I found Cissus (Super - from USPLabs) took too long, cost way too much, and did little.

I noticed improvment in my chronic aches after 2 days use - noticeably better movement, less to no aches, far better joint lubrication and soccer practice has NEVER been so easy and pain free. Moving like a 30 year old again.

So one to consider.

I take Glucosamine daily along with fish oil and I find myself fine. I've never had issues but take them as a prevention. My parents and some of their friends take it and find it helps greatly with arthritis. It eases their pain and provides mobility when otherwise they wouldnt have. I figure its worth taking as it can do something good and does nothing bad.