• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does being 'big' cause trouble for you?

The bloke who bought my power rack was no one to mess with.... Cattle buyer who looks like he could tuck a cow under each arm...

no your pretty safe before 12 am.

Gentrified a lot in most of it. Still a couple of scuzzy areas/blocks

Yeh redfern is in vogue now! Many trendy cafés there now. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Size shouldnt be something you factor in as a threat, will a little bit but not to the extent most people do.

Yep.
Scariest bloke I know fighting wise was about 80kg. Was a bouncer as well, the guy was a machine.

Lol at people saying the bouncers were threatened by a big guy. A couple trained bouncers will handle the biggest most likely pissed blokes with absolute ease.

I saw a chick bouncer kick a decent sized AFL player out of the pub. We all had a laugh.

Yep.
Scariest bloke I know fighting wise was about 80kg. Was a bouncer as well, the guy was a machine.

Lol at people saying the bouncers were threatened by a big guy. A couple trained bouncers will handle the biggest most likely pissed blokes with absolute ease.

I saw a chick bouncer kick a decent sized AFL player out of the pub. We all had a laugh.

These well train bouncers are few and far between, most are poorly trained wanna be tough guys or fashion police......

I am scared of the covered in tattoos, fan of UFC, 3 day old clothes and nothing better to do than pick a fight with anyone who eyeballs me type of person. The sort that look like they smoke rollies, have manic eyes and body movements, and probably also have a low IQ

Don't get me wrong JJ, I hate violence...and will avoid it because these days most little manlets carry knives...

I am scared of the covered in tattoos, fan of UFC, 3 day old clothes and nothing better to do than pick a fight with anyone who eyeballs me type of person. The sort that look like they smoke rollies, have manic eyes and body movements, and probably also have a low IQ

Yeah more wary of them than just big blokes.

Nope only an expert in two area, maybe 3

After a few 1000 shifts on the doors im pretty sure i know what constitutes a threat, and size isnt a big threat. Just look in this thread, several big guys who have never been in a fight before yet they should be considered a threat because there big? Please

Bloke I knew ages ago stabbed someone to death in the street. Was probably just for looking at him, they couldnt deduce a motive.

The less you have to lose the more dangerous you are (well for some people).

The most dangerous are probably people like bouncers who have boxing skills and experience to back it up,, but these people are usually pretty calm and trouble comes to them. Not so with psycho drifter types.

Think a scrawny little geeky Asian guy by the name of Bruce lee, on appearance would no pose a threat but tipping would easily account for everyone on this board several times over in his day......appearance isn't everything.....

I dunno why I look like a threat because I'm probably not compared to some...but it happens often. Tatts, Mohawk and a big frame...I just seem to get judged?!

Bloke I knew ages ago stabbed someone to death in the street. Was probably just for looking at him, they couldnt deduce a motive.

The less you have to lose the more dangerous you are (well for some people).

The most dangerous are probably people like bouncers who have boxing skills and experience to back it up,, but these people are usually pretty calm and trouble comes to them. Not so with psycho drifter types.

The most dangerous people are those with no regard for human life and willing to go further than someone else. Glass someone in the throat, carry a knife/gun and be willing to use it etc. Psychopaths. Big or small doesnt matter. Most violent shit ive seen has been from average looking people. Being big means fuck all and anyone who thinks it does is clueless

Also most bouncers arnt as hard as people give them credit for. As mentioned in other threads being hard doesnt make you a good doorman