• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

do you work your TRICEPS along with chest or biceps?

do you work your TRICEPS along with chest or biceps?

• chest

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • biceps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i dont work much on tricepts as dips does it, i dont see point of reverse hammer curls although it does the same kind of burn but more isolate to the tricepts but dips does the shoulders more. i do way too many overhead exercise so i dont bother much with tricepts as chin ups and pull ups and close grip bench press skull crushers, overhead press does it all i think :)

bicep and tricep (arms day) I find doing triceps after chest/vice versa is harder to give 100% intensity as one is pre-fatigued wheras doing just an arms day both muscles are fresh.

Triceps are totally underrated when it comes to Bodybuilding and powerlifting - in bodybuilding they account for 3/4 of your arm - bigger triceps = bigger arms and in powerlifting bigger/more powerful triceps = much better pressing power...

If you dont do direct tricep work either on an "arm day" or by themselves your missing out.

I train triceps twice a week - 2 sets to failure on chest day and then I do a close grip bench/"arm" day on sunday.

Try to work tric direct 3 times p week.
Mix it up, sometimes with chest, sometimes with shoulders, biceps, back or combination.
All depends how the training week works out for me.
I agree with the above statement, want big guns, train em hard.
Found the concept of easily overtraining arms didn't apply to me, only way go grow em for me is to over train them. Mind you my are are stubborn and very determined to stay small, with wide shoulders I needed them a lot bigger to look in proportion .