• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do You Inform People When You see Them Lifting Wrong?

Dude. Settle down.

Lol.

I know everyone in our gym. It aint a commercial gym. Its a strength gym. We are all there to get pbs. We are all there to support each other.

Tim.

Sorry, only the first line was directed at you, the rest was just a rant. Yeah, different in that type of environment, you should have said.

What concern is it of yours? Do you also flag down shitty drivers and correct them?

When I trained at work I had a guy stop me and tell me I was squating to deep. My first response was what qualifications he had. He had none. So I asked why he feels qualified to be dishing out advice? Nothing shits me more.

The problem I have with people offering out advice is how do you know the advice being offered is good? Half of the shitty shit you see in the gym is because of people offering up some Broscience bullshit, which spreads like a weed, because people like to look like they know shit, so they tell their mates. /rant

Interesting take you have there. I've felt conflicted when watching people do deadlifts with really rounded backs (always curlbros), but I let them go - unfortunately if you don't look aesthetic, good luck getting anyone to take anything you have to say seriously.

Agree about broscience and its propagation though.

On occasion, 80% of the time the person is really grateful. I always tell them to say the same thing to me and I've had some really useful advice on a few lifts.

I have only ever given advice once to a guy who actually asked for it while I was waiting for him to finish in the squat rack.

Only thing I could suggest was for him to wear flat shoes (he had thick sole Nike's on), technique looked spot on from what I could tell but I'm no pro.

I wouldn't jump down someones throat for offering advice to me as long as it didn't sound like total broscience. If it did I'd just give him a big thumbs up and turn away.

its not my place to tell people what they are/aren't doing correctly in my gym, in a perfect world everyone would have great form.

Is there any difference between the gym and a video on a bodybuilding forum?

Person posting on the forum does so to seek advice, the guy in the gym may not be seeking our wisdom.
Yes, difference, advice of value is advice seeked, not advice given.

Lol.... Regularly get Kunce asking for advice...Squat 3 times a week and you get lots of peeps asking about squats...They see you helping others.... Neks minnut more come and ask questions...

I have pulled novice lifters aside in comp to talk form. I wouldn't expect them to change their form immediately but as something to keep in mind.