• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you have good form?

So what is the difference?

To me good form is about lifting in a way that is safe and controlled.
Technique is about small adjustments to the form which allows the lifter to move weight in an optimal fashion. The technique differs greatly from person to person because of levers, there is no "1 size fits all".

Technique is about small adjustments to the form which allows the lifter to move weight in an optimal fashion. The technique differs greatly from person to person because of levers, there is no "1 size fits all".

Well said.

Yep, good post.

Yep, very well put Sticky
I was racking by brain thinking about the difference between the two but you put it together beautifully

Ah yep, I get it. In that case, I believe I have good form, but would love some coaching on technique! Not sure the trainers in my gym would be of help - my squatting was 'corrected' as apparently going below parallel is wrong :rolleyes:

I saw the topic title and immediately cringed at the word form. Sticky literally took the words out of my mouth. My take....

form = lifting a weight in a safe and controlled manner to encourage muscles to be big but slow and weak (for their size)

technique = lifting weight in the most efficient way possible to train the body to be strong and fast as a unit

:p

If you do bicep curls with a can of beans slow and controlled enough you an produce a really really deep burn.