• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do You Feel Rushed When Someone Asks You How Many Sets You Have Left?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do You Feel Rushed When Someone Asks You How Many Sets You Have Left?

I usually add in extra sets when someone asks! I always just wait politely for people to be done

Perhaps they just want to know whether they're better off waiting for you to finish or moving on to another exercise in the meantime.

Assuming that they're not sounding pushy or impatient, of course.

Yes I always feel rushed, it's usually the missus wanting to know when to serve up dinner though.

Wait - work in - or find another exercise - they are the choices - I am fairly lucky that the gym I train at has 2-3 of nearly everything so this hardly ever comes up.

You should never rush is my opinion. Work in between each other's set is totally acceptable. If people don't like that then wait. Sometimes you get that at the gym and people almost try to force you off the machine real pet hate. All gym users have the same rights I think. We all pay membership.

On the other hand i'll never go upto someone and ask how many sets they have left - I will go and find another exercise to do - I dont want anyone to think they need to rush because of me - there is always something else you can do.

The worst are either the guys that train in a group and just sit around the macine talking between every set or the guy/s that sit or stand there waiting for you to finish haha.

On the other hand i'll never go upto someone and ask how many sets they have left - I will go and find another exercise to do - I dont want anyone to think they need to rush because of me - there is always something else you can do.

The worst are either the guys that train in a group and just sit around the macine talking between every set or the guy/s that sit or stand there waiting for you to finish haha.

I had a guy like this other night, clearly unhappy that I spent 5 minutes in the rack doing military presses. Even though there was a free rack (there was a guy doing deadlifts in front of the rack, but he had told the guy that he was free to squat in the rack if he wanted). Sigh.

All my workouts are set out with weights and exercises weeks in advance, so I could not just move to another exercise.

I would hate to train in gym where I had to wait for equipment, and I think working in is not really an option a lot of times, especially if one person squats 150kg and the other squats 50kg.

I remember training in gyms and the bros would be using the bench press in a group of about five and they would all stand around between sets, change weights, pose, tell each other how cool and swole they are, pull each others dicks all the while people are waiting to train:mad:

Could never go back to that rot, I am a huge fan of my home gym, if I had to go to a commercial gym I don't think I would be lifting weights, just could not deal with the people in gyms.

My training is pretty rushed anyway
Why are you sitting around? If you can rush a workout or pick up the pace you're not training hard enough

Exactly. If you want to lie on a padded bench and watch TV, stay at home. All you're doing is changing location

My training is pretty rushed anyway
Why are you sitting around? If you can rush a workout or pick up the pace you're not training hard enough

Yep, this, I fly through my workouts as fast as I can, but it does not seem to be an idea peopel have in most commercial gyms where they spend three hours a night in the gym but actually train for 15 minutes:p