• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do pushups/pullups make muscles bigger or just strengthen?

R

RT

Will doing pushups and pullups increase the muscles in my arms,or does it strengthen what is already there?

Do they pushups and pullupshave any effect on your chest muscles?

yes you will get bigger muscles provided your diet is adequate.

Push ups will target the chest muscle. Surely you can feel the chest working when doing pushups?

lol , far out, that's a great video , looks like i have some work and practice to do

thanks for the replies fella's

I spend a full work out session on my pecs. I start with a warm-up set of 35 push-ups, then 2 more sets of 25. From there I go into 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of incline, 3 sets of incline dumbell flys.
I feel like the push-ups are working a bit of a range as the angle shifts slightly during the push up. Its the most natural movement of all the exercises.