• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DIY Power Rack Build

Yes mate a welder/pipe fitter. I estimate about 190kg for the complete rack. I designed it so the rear weight tree can be removed. This reduces the depth 500mm in case I am limited for space.

90% discount on steel....that will be a nice saving!
Cheers

good idea on the space saving,

been designing this on cad over the last couple of weeks

not quite finished, and still not sure if ill turn it into a power rack or not, i haven't got much space at my house so the smaller the better, its going to be pretty solid when its done tho :) will also be making a dip attachment and a couple of others

and yeh, the 90% discount is awesome, dont know how we managed to get it considering my company always pays their bill a few months late lol

As I am right handed I wouldn't have a hope. Try writing your signature with your opposite hand!! That's what it would be like welding.

Most of the welding process I do is TIG Welding so you have your Torch in the right hand and feed the wire manually with your left hand.

id have to disagree with that, i can weld just as good with my left hand as i can with my right, tigs a different story tho, i can tack/fuse/and weld small runs opposite hand but never had to do big runs with it so wouldn't know what its like,

Attachments

• 10444543_10153275999493636_1426355254467327752_n.jpg
    10444543_10153275999493636_1426355254467327752_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
think i had 65 x 65 x 4 or something, slotting into 75 x 75 x 4 where the uprights are bolted to the base, probly overkill, will reassess when ive finished the design and it gets closer to make it

Here is a land mine attachment I made that connects to my power rack. It's quite simple, compact and strong.
It has 2 heavy duty pop pins either side that you pull out. The pop pins then locates into the holes on the side of the rack.
Easy to put on and take off and it gives a solid base with no movement.