• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Distended Belly Anyone?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I consider myself pretty lean, when I flex you can see my abs clearly but when relaxed it kinda sticks out. If you poke the belly it's solid as so it's not like its a pot belly full of fat but the belly sticks out unless I suck it in hard. I am dedicated to having a flat tummy (not super dope like Frank Zane but dope enough) in whatever position I am in. I certainly have no interest in having my belly button poke out of my shirt, or have anyone ask if I am 3 months preggers.

So please, anyone with any experience with this issue and how to fix it proper? Spill the beans mmkay.

Now, I am aware that there is a technique called the stomach vacuum, where you pretty much stand in front of the mirror, blow out all your air and hold the vacuum for 20-30 seconds. I do 3 sets of this, just like this bird is doing here:

Stomach Vacuum - Ab Exercises - Bodybuilding.com - YouTube

Well after 3 sets of this I am ready to pass out! But I notice my abs are stronger every time I do it so might be onto something there.

If you have a reasonably low body fat, it can be bloating from certain foods.

I know when I was on my strict diet, I never looked bloated, even at a higher weight and body fat percentage. This was because I was always eating clean food. Now with a more relaxed diet and consuming extra carbs, some days I wake up and think I'm pregnant, even though I'm sitting around 10-11% body fat. I usually feel this way after a dessert or something else with processed carbs.

What are you macros at the moment?

+1 to this. I consider my self relatively lean but have a noticeable lower ab bump. Tried vacuums and no it's not just pelvic tilt :(

I notice it with some protein powders. When using a good quality WPI, digestion isn't a problem. But when going to WPC or a blend with milk isolate, it feels like I'm trying to digest ninja stars.

When I finish my current powders, I'm going to give ISO 100 hydrolysed protein a go.

I know when I was on my strict diet, I never looked bloated, even at a higher weight and body fat percentage. This was because I was always eating clean food. Now with a more relaxed diet and consuming extra carbs, some days I wake up and think I'm pregnant, even though I'm sitting around 10-11% body fat. I usually feel this way after a dessert or something else with processed carbs.

What are you macros at the moment?

Yeah I am eating a few hundred calories over maintenance some days so I am bloated from all that food. I probably could do with a couple of % off my BF which is from my calcs sitting at 20%, however it would be a strange time of the year to be thinking about that now lol!

+1 to this. I consider my self relatively lean but have a noticeable lower ab bump. Tried vacuums and no it's not just pelvic tilt :(

Pelvic tilt and overall posture plays a big part! This is hard to do though, trying to unlearn years of bad practice. It's almost like you got to consciously think about the way you stand every single moment you are up, otherwise out pops that belly like a jack-in-a-belly.

I've also learnt I'm actually meant to suck in the belly when you stand anyway, for spinal stability. So jelly of those who don't have to do this and still sport washboard bellies like nobody's business!!

Can be water weight, around the waist/guts is the absolute last place I store bf and find It only looks flat when I'm dehydrated even when I was super lean for mma I would have a little bulge but when flexed had very defined abs

"The Ab Vacuum is natures lifting belt" - Vince Gironda. Right [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];

Have you tried the Abtronic [MENTION=10084]Jungman[/MENTION]; all the Pros are using it. I think [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; uses one too!

Pelvic tilt and overall posture plays a big part! This is hard to do though, trying to unlearn years of bad practice. It's almost like you got to consciously think about the way you stand every single moment you are up, otherwise out pops that belly like a jack-in-a-belly.

It certainly helps but regardless of what I do it's still not flat. Agreed on the flat stomach envy!

fuck yeah I am going to get an Abtronic! and slide it down further and further gradually as I am using it...