• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Disposing of needles

goto the chemist and get a sharps dispose container , fill it up then drop it back off at the chemist

You can also drop them at your local NSP (Needle Syringe Program) service who will take them and give you a new free disposal container. Here is a link to the WA service. (I am hoping this is the case as it is in NSW) you can also pick up fresh needles from them as well hopefully!

WANADA - WA Substance Users Association Inc (WASUA)

Last edited:
I believe in NSW the needle exchange program is only applicable to junkies, everyone else has to pay for their needles.

I might be wrong though.

I believe in NSW the needle exchange program is only applicable to junkies, everyone else has to pay for their needles.

I might be wrong though.

Hi Mick, we cater to anyone who injects. Including Steroid users. And we don't withold equipment or have limits. Most units are happy to work this way but I do know that some NSP units will charge steroid users for their needles, which I think is just wrong because it flies in the face of the whole strategy of the program, which is to reduce harm from blood borne virus, I don't see how what you are injecting comes into that, but thats some peoples mentality!! Also in their defence, budgets are really varied so some units just wouldnt have the money to be able to cater to everyone, again i say.....just fix the godamn problem and lets all just get along and do our jobs :)

Last edited:

I might be wrong though.

Yeah this was the case in VIC as well, my mate used to work there, he said he would get diabetics and BBers come to him all the time asking for clean needles, but apparently he was only able to give them out to junkies, which to use made no sesne, so he used to swipe a heap and meet them somewhere else to give them fresh pins....

Yeah this was the case in VIC as well, my mate used to work there, he said he would get diabetics and BBers come to him all the time asking for clean needles, but apparently he was only able to give them out to junkies, which to use made no sesne, so he used to swipe a heap and meet them somewhere else to give them fresh pins....

Pretty Sad hey, I understand there are rules as there is a diabetic scheme and a crossover there, so NSP discourage use by people who are able to access clean and free needles elsewhere, which diabetics can do (in NSW anyway!) In saying this, I have people who come in once every 6 months to get two syringes to feed their bloody new born kittens or birds or something else, I have elderly people that although getting free needles, get charged for disposable containers, and they cant afford it. Maybe it's just me but my job is Harm Reduction, if by giving you a clean needle or syringe, I might reduce some harm, then I'm IN!!! I'm not an asshole, so I don't tend to worry about shit like the fact you arent injecting heroin, your cat is just sick. LOL.