• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dirty Bulking- What's your take?

Just feel I've been lazy for 3 months in gym terms. Would like to add some stamina. You think I'd be better off just with the weights and diet/ calorie cut?

A couple of 30 min sessions is fine.
I personally prefer complexes with barbells or HIIT.

There is no such thing as a dirty bulk. The only thing that changes in a bulk is how many calories over maintenance you are eating. You can do it with either clean or dirty type foods.

Ice cream every night, keep eating it even when after every mouthful you want to throw up. Will be making sure I add more protein powder next time though...

I woudn't do it if your not an ectomorph though..

There is no such thing as a dirty bulk. The only thing that changes in a bulk is how many calories over maintenance you are eating. You can do it with either clean or dirty type foods.
Why do you take everything so literal?
Everyone know "Dirty Bulk" is a term used to eat almost everything in sight and not count calories or worry about macro ratio's.

So you'd be incorrect in saying there is no such thing?

i am on a dirty bulk. Been eating maccas, cakes and kfcs daily! oh yeah!

There's a lot of vitamins and minerals in those food groups. You legend.

I strongly dislike the term bulking, it implies the individual is actively adding body weight, including body fat which is mostly useless. Bodybuilders from decades ago developed what we know as bulking. Only the smart have moved on, look how far away pro (or highly successful) bodybuilders go over there competition weight/body fat.

Do yourself a favor, don't live over 15% bf.

Being below 15% has clearly done PBers WLing career wonders

I am sorry that you are so immature that you need to make personal attacks to make yourself feel (and look) good.

What benifit is there to being over approximately 15% bf? I was under the assumption that it is the muscles and ligaments that do the work, not fat. I have recently learned that the AIS recommends strength athletes (men) reside between 9-17% body fat.

Last edited: