• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Different workouts.

drain

just wondering what different workouts people do.
Always interested with what different workouts other people do.

Different exercises people do etc

Starting strength: Started on this. Possibly the best beginner program out there, and Rippetoe's book is the most comprehensive piece of literature on the slow lifts.

5x5: I didn't like this - the volume was rape no matter how much I ate. Its more of a novice program than an intermediates.

Texas Method: this was slightly better than 5x5, but the high volume day sucked ass.

5/3/1: This has probably been my favourite since starting strength. because you get that break between your 1RMs the next time you try them theyre shit easy - it made a 180kg squat feel like a joke. Plus, the high reps were good on the joints. My only whinge is wendler initially sets up way too much accessory work, and you'd get better results with equipment that is pretty much limited to america (ie 140kg dumbells, prowlers).

PPP: I recently bought this and if my boss approves I'll give it a go for my next cycle. I haven;t had much experience with it, but the volume looks okay, and im free to do what I like with the accessory work - I'll run no more than 1-2 accessory lifts and do 3x10s.