• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet help

Brick

My dirty bulk is getting outta hand although I am hitting good lifts and performing well in the gym. I have decided to bite the bullet and count my cals, suprisingly they were a little lower than I thought @ 3000 - 3200 a day, although I did drop back my intake over the last couple weeks.

Can someone point me to a post or give me some advice that will explain how I work out how many cals I should be taking in.

Cheers

Edit: I am clueless about this shit so sorry if my post reeks of stupid

Last edited:
Thanks Sookie but I'm fine with the foods I eat what I wanna know is how to work out how many cals I should be consuming, if that makes sense.

sorry brick. I am confused and want to help. Is this what you are talking about?

2w2kbcp.jpg

sorry brick. I am confused and want to help. Is this what you are talking about?

Sorry mate now I feel like a dickhead I missed the link at the bottom even after you told me about it sorry Sookie. That is perfect cheers mate.

Hi every one . Great work Sookie . The calories calculate is too good for calculating calories.

If you know that you have been consuming approx 3000-3200 cals and you've been gaining too much fat then I wouldn't be bothering with using any calculators as they are just estimates. All you need to do is drop the cals a bit.

If I took that the wrong way and you aren't gaining enough then you just need to up them a bit.

Easy :)

Calcs are good for people starting out and getting estimates but after you've tracked for a bit, it's better to go from you're own data IMO.