• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet help?

Terr0

Hi Guys,

This is my current diet;

At the moment I weigh 63.4kgs and am about 172cm tall.
Water intake is 2.6L/day based on some calculator I found online.

I train about 3-4 days a week and do weights most of the time with a max of about 2 hours a week for cardio.

Current goal is tough bloke challenge - End of May which will lead to tough mudder which is in September I think.

Wanting to currently tone up a little and get stronger aswell.

Just want some feedback on this diet;

Breakfast
3 egg whites, 1 yolk
1 slice low fat cheese
bowl of oatmeal - low fat milk
Apple
Whey in Low fat milk

Morning Tea
tuna in tin
tablespoon low fat mayo
lettuce and tomato

Lunch
200g Chicken breast
1 Baked potato
Salad with Olive oil dressing
1 Orange

Afternoon Tea
Sandwich with chicken breast
2 slices low fat cheese and tomato
1 cup of jalna

Dinner
300g steak
Protein powder
brown rice
Salad and/or vegetables

Supper
Cottage cheese
Green tea
10 almonds

Is about 2500 calories. Let me know what you guys think... Do I need to change/add anything?

Welcome to the forum Terr0. At that weight and height I'd imagine you're quite skinny? I'm roughly about the same height but about 10kgs heavier.

You've mentioned the above is 2500 cals, have you broken that down into macros? At a glance it looks like you've got plenty of protein.

Hey Terr0, welcome to the forum :)

Check out the Sticky's at the front of the forum, there is a plethora of nutrition advice and macro information. Check out the Sticky's from Max Brenner in particular.

Good luck with your goals :)

Macros?

Im not heaps skinny. Got a bit of muscle on me. It is more fat on my lower abs that is preventing me from having a more toned figure..

Macros?

Im not heaps skinny. Got a bit of muscle on me. It is more fat on my lower abs that is preventing me from having a more toned figure..

Ah just take Bella's advice and read some of the sticky's, should help you out with what I was talking about.

Oh, and when I said skinny I didn't make it out to mean scrawny, but you must have an fairly good bf% I'd imagine. Just comparing it to myself. :)

You need to decide if you want to add some weight (muscle) or lose some. I would be suggesting adding weight as it's likely that even when you lose that last bit of belly fat, muscle could be lacking.

At you're weight, I'd estimate maintenance around 2100cals but that depends on how active you are in everday life.

2500 cals would be a good start if you do want to gain some weight I'd say. As always, access and readjust where necessary. I'd agree that you do have adequate protein there and most likely adequate fats too so looking pretty good in all.

Just a note: if you're happy to eat the same thing every day then go ahead and do that but it's not necessary to. Same thing re no. of meals. If you want that many, go ahead. What matters most is that you are getting adequate macro/micro nutrients and total cals to gain weight. You're body doesn't see food names, just macros/micros.

Hope that helps
Chris

whats with all the low fat stuff?

Though one thing ive never understood, People like you have done, Will post up a whole bunch of meals and food.

Thats fine, But are you really eating that exact same stuff everyday? Mate, Id neck my self after the 3rd day.

You listed calsories at 2500. what ratios? and if you trying to gain id add another 1000 of full fat :) and enjoy the hell out of it.

And if you going to eat that every sigle day....Alteast mix the meat up with Pork, Beef, Fish, Roo....and possum if your a little daring