• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet help please!

catdog

Hi All,

Just after some feedback on my diet.

Details:
- 76kg
- 16% bodyfat
- starting strength style program
- desk job
- goal to gain ~0.5kg/week

breakfast
1/2 cup oats
1x banana
70g strawberries
1.5cups milk

morning tea
1x coffee with milk
1x scoop protein powder (40g)
2x scoops fine grained oats (80g)

lunch
200g chicken
0.4cups rice (pre cooked measurement)
100g broccoli

afternoon snack
4x vitabrits
1/2 banana
light milk

dinner
200g chicken
0.4cups rice
100g broccoli

snack
150g light ice cream

pre bed
1 scoop protein powder
2 scoops fine grained oats

I estimate the macros etc to be:
fat: 40.19g
carbs: 431.71g
protein: 218.81g
calories: 3068

Calorie calculators suggest maintenance calories of ~2400cals/day.. however I don't seem to be gaining any weight really at this calorie intake, so i may increase to 3200-3300cals/day.

Part of me also thinks that I should possibly cut to like 10-12% bf before bulking... I don't really feel comfortable with my current bodyfat %

Cheers

Depends on goals...

What are your lifts like?

Train while eating at maintenance to reduce bf% initially...

Alternatively add slight calorie excess of 500 cals I'd you wanna clean bulk...

Or go nuts and add 1000 cals plus for a dirty bulk...

Depends on goals...

What are your lifts like?

Train while eating at maintenance to reduce bf% initially...

Alternatively add slight calorie excess of 500 cals I'd you wanna clean bulk...

Or go nuts and add 1000 cals plus for a dirty bulk...

lifts are fairly rubbish
3x5 80kg bench
3x10 80kg squat
3x5 55kg military press
1x5 105kg deadlift
3x5 55kg barbell rows

As mentioned in original post was hoping to gain 0.5kg/week.. more of a clean bulk.

Eat at maintenance dude... You got plenty of newbie gains you can make...

Calorie excess equals bigger strength gains... However it also can equal epic fat gains..

Your already at 16%.... Therefore your not likely to be naturally lean...

Your intention would be to hold your current fat as it is... while increasing your lean mass.. Equals lower bf%... In all likely hood this approach would result in fat loss any way...

16% is hardly obese....

Maintenance cals or even a slight deficit might be the way forward..

GOMAD is reserved for those chasing strength at all costs... Or those who are 9% bF while eating pizza maccas and KFC everday...

you can listen to his advice for free and get all the tips on the podcast in the itunes link.

can only lead a horse to water man...

you can listen to his advice for free and get all the tips on the podcast in the itunes link.

can only lead a horse to water man...

But he is still trying to make money off his ideas and by your own logic we should not trust people or industries trying to make money.

by my logic your a troll

do you even train?

Lol I just went to that Mike Dolce douches site, fuck me talk about an aggenda. That **** is selling some solid bullshit right there.

Can't take anything you say seriously now. You are either trolling or really really dense

im currently cutting down my body fats before a bulk that way i have a freash canvas to start with, trying upping your fats 40g is pretty low

Macros

Protein at 2.2g per kg of body weight (e.g. if you're 75kg eat 165g) - you're hitting this nicely.

Fat at <1g per kg of body weight (e.g. if you're 75kg eat up to 75g) - you need to amp up your fat intake by nearly double.

Carbs to fill your calories (or just eat more protein) - decrease your carbs based on the above adjustments.

To be honest - I don't even bother meticulously counting the calories, just the amount of protein and fat eaten per day (not even exactly). If you just hit your targets on protein and fat, and eat an appropriate amount of carbs (if you're bulking you tend to throw in carbs with most meals, if you're cutting you tend to throw in carbs at less meals).

Monitor results with regular weigh-ins and photos (i.e. to make sure those constant increases on the scales aren't on the waist). You will quickly know whether you are or aren't eating enough calories (carbs).

Training

Do the above plus train minimum 3x a week - whatever training program you want to do as long as you are progressing in some way (preferably weight on the bar). I'm not a big fan of starting strength, but if it looks interesting to you then go for it. I would prefer one of the beginner programs on this site.

Bulk versus cut

This one is a hard one - if you are close to 6", then I would bulk up to the 80-90kg mark (keep your gains to no more than 1.5kg a month or your fat levels will really start to increase).

If you are well under 6", then you could do as nazzy suggested and eat at maintenance, train hard and decrease your fat a bit. Fadi posted a program here a while ago which is great for this - 3 days a week weights plus 3 days a week burpees (search around). Alternatively, you could just bulk as per above. Again it will depend on how you look at 16% BF (which will depend on your height).

Photos would help.

the only distinction between your daily eating plan and everyone else's is that you are losing out on red beef and poultry, Now that you're consuming a lot of seafood, I don't really see a issue, There are some platforms out there about the bioavailability of the proteins in certain meals.....

gym Naperville

Last edited: