• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Did you start out as skinny/fat/skinnyfat/muscular/obese?

walt

DuffProteinMan
What did you guys start out as before you began weight lifting. I started out as skinny fat, probably more skinny though. 66kg at 173cm, no abs, no definiton really

Last edited:
I was overweight.....98kg at 6ft....no real muscle to speak of after 2 decades of sedentary behaviour.

I would call myself fat at that time, though not obviously a huge fatty, but def overweight. I had a decent spare tire.

Shit, I was 17 when I started I was average.

Weight lifting was not normal then, people actually did think you where gay.

fat, still am :p
but now it has a purpose, leverages :D still wouldnt mind dropping the excess weight i dont need though, just a matter of getting off my ass

100kg at 6' so carrying like 10kg more fat than i really want. I've been at a relatively good level of fitness for the last 5 years or so thanks to cycling, before that i was fit on and off from soccer. haven't been this skinny since like forever. i still weigh 100kg, but there's heaps less fat on me now than there was 2 months ago...

Skinny skinny skinny. I was something like 45kg the first time I walked ina gym door, and about 5'06". I was only there for about a month (I was 15 and my parents felt it worthy to get me hooked on training, but didn't feel it worthy to get me a longer lasting gym membership, and I had about $40 in savings). When I turned 16, I was about the same weight, maybe a couple kilos heavier, and an inch taller.

I needed to be tied down in a strong wind, I was just under 60kg at 5'10.
Now a portly 98kg :eek:

I was a fat basted, now I'm a stronger less fat basted LOL. I still have to loose allot of fat but taking my time as I want muscle and strength to reduce onto.

I was stupidly skinny.... I still think I am, reverse anorexia?

I'm 6ft, and was 69kg, with next to no muscle mass.
I'm now 93kg, 10.5%.

Goal for next 2 years is 114kg <14%.

I was 67kg when I was 19 years old at 6ft tall.
Now a relatively lean 85kg, 17 years later with very inconsistent training.

Another 10kg lean gain over the next 5 years would be my ultimate goal.

85kg 6'1", skinny fat/chubby a year before I started gym. Then 76kg skinny fat when I started gym.

54kg @ 173cm, age 17,
I think i broke 60kg around 25,
started traing around, better around 3 years ago, was about 63kg
currently 74kg.

at 165cm I was always between 62-65kgs for a long time. after doing weights and eating like an athlete for a couple years im at a solid 80kgs

I used to think I was skinny when I started.

Only more recently have I realised I was actually skinny-fat. The fat wasn't overly noticable cos I was doing approximately 20 hours of exercise a week, but looking at old pics, there was still a very noticable lower gut.

Was in the 60's when I started, around mid 90's now with only slightly higher bodyfat. Ultimate goal would be probably 95kgs sub 10%, maybe closer to 100 if possible. I'll see how the next few years treat me.

Started Mega fat at 97kgs when I was 19, I'm 4"11.
Now I'm 31 and 57kgs, didn't pick up a bar till I was 30. Was always into aerobics.....
Lost 25kgs this year.... I don't recommend obesity...

Now I'm 31 and 57kgs, didn't pick up a bar till I was 30. Was always into aerobics.....

wow, you lost almost a half of you. Great work

nice one!^^

hmm started.. ive been going to the gym since i was 16?.. doing some weights every now and then.. some times 5 times a week sometimes 0/ week
my weight has fluctuated from 48-56kg

i would like to be around 49/50, i felt very uncomfortable in my body when i hit like 56.. i had never been a size 12 before.. usually hovered around 8-10
somehow ive lost weight in general since going to uni.. not necessarily through exercising more
yes

life story