• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DEXA Results - Glycogen?

Shank

Hey all,

Been a while since i posted here. But i went in for a DEXA today, about 4 weeks after my previous one.

Results showed;

1.2kg of fat dropped, but the worst part is... apparently i lost about the same in LBM.

Surely this can't be right? I haven't noticed any real difference, i am actually kind of happy about my appearance as i can see the fat loss.
When i went in for the scan 4 weeks ago, i was not cutting, was kind of at maintenance if not slightly over and no carb restrictions.

For the last 4 weeks i have been dieting and training pretty hard, no strength loss, would actually say i have gained a little but. I have restricted carbs to 100 a day +/- 20 - 40 grams.

Could the LBM loss be glycogen? What sort of effects would depleted glycogen have on the DEXA results. I hadn't eaten prior to the scan either (nothing since dinner last night and scan was at 12:30pm.)

Generally aim for 150grams protein, carbs as above and fats are around 70 - 90, can vary sometimes.

I weigh 73kgs according to the DEXA, aim for about 2k calories a day.

Train 4 times a week (early morning fasted usually, sip on BCAA), evenings walk / jog with dog for about 40 min.

Some random bits of cardio on the weekend if i feel like it.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Lots of text i know! Sorry!

I had a major difference in LBM. Mine was cause by carb depletion as I was finishing a cut. Water in the muscles is not differentiated to LBM in a DEXA scan.

Last edited: