• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deloading

awol

Hey guys,
Just wanted a few thoughts and opinions over deloading, pretty much have been training without a break apart from the obvious rest days since the start of this year, before that had a 2 week holiday which cost me greatly. Just been reading up on deloading and wanted to know if it is necessary, to have a week in the gym and just "cruise" lifting lighter weights with low volume and just refining technique. Thoughts?

Do you feel run down?

It's taken me a while to work it out but the only guys that need a programmed deload are the ones squatting 300kg and benching 200

The thing is I don't feel that run down. I get up at 6am to train and I hit it hard, motivation level is high and I itch to go gym on my off days. It's just I read you should take deloads, every couple months or so, so it's more a case of reading than feeling.

Take it when you need it.
If you're feeling like shit and failing sets etc just take a week off then hit it like a freight train again after

id always find it refreshing when on a heavy weight low rep program, especially to let the joints have a rest.

Imo if your doing bodybuilding deloads are probably less important and needed less often then powerlifting.

Depends how hard you're going. When I was training with Westside I did 3 weeks going hard (3 sets at or above 90% in every max effort session) then one week 40,50,60%. This is also like this with 5/3/1

Deloading is good because it allows you to deliberately overtrain then recover (supercompensation)

Imo if your doing bodybuilding deloads are probably less important and needed less often then powerlifting.

If your body's self repair cannot keep up with the training damages then it won't have any capacity for growth.

Periodisation applies to all lifters.

If a bodybuilding keeps training to and beyond failure then they may be in need of deloading. But then again if you hit a muscle once a week like a lot of BBers do then it is much harder to overtrain.

If your body's self repair cannot keep up with the training damages then it won't have any capacity for growth.

Periodisation applies to all lifters.

I agree, just saying that bodybuilders would need less deloads then a powerlifter.