• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Decline

popperman

Hi all just wondering your thoughts on decline bench/ DB press . I see a lot of bros doing it at my gym with some extreme incline and it just looks silly . I assume it would work the lower pec but really not sure i want to put it into my chest day , i have done them before but not a lot .
I do some incline with my flat (DBs) and i really think that has helped my upper chest . Maybe at not such an xtreme angle would be ok .

Hi all just wondering your thoughts on decline bench/ DB press . I see a lot of bros doing it at my gym with some extreme incline and it just looks silly . I assume it would work the lower pec but really not sure i want to put it into my chest day , i have done them before but not a lot .
I do some incline with my flat (DBs) and i really think that has helped my upper chest . Maybe at not such an xtreme angle would be ok .

I rate decline bench good for the tri's

Dips are essentially decline bench...
so you could just do them instead.

Declines are much kinder on the shoulder

I would rather just do dips.

PS. FitnessFarce doesn't have decline benches as it's too risky for people with high blood pressure. However, you can make your own decline bench and take on the risk yourself.

I would rather just do dips.

PS. FitnessFarce doesn't have decline benches as it's too risky for people with high blood pressure. However, you can make your own decline bench and take on the risk yourself.

My fitnessfarce has plenty of them, pretty much every bench can decline.

The Bro's usually do decline because -

1 - Bro's can lift heavier on the decline as it has lower ROM

2 - The false belief that incline works upper chest, flat bench works middle chest and decline works lower chest...

I hate decline and wont use it...

IMO Flat bench, Incline and dips are superior

The Bro's usually do decline because -

1 - Bro's can lift heavier on the decline as it has lower ROM

2 - The false belief that incline works upper chest, flat bench works middle chest and decline works lower chest...

I hate decline and wont use it...

IMO Flat bench, Incline and dips are superior

bro's and rom should not be in the same sentence.

Yates likes the decline bench
I never got shit out of it personally and my bench has only ever gone up when I just do flat bench and overhead work. The exercise that you can increase in volume the fastest will give you the best results... there is a guy in my gym that likes the reverse grip decline bench for the triceps though

If the decline is decent enough, kicking back dumbbells below horizontal can be a little risky. It feels awkward to begin with.

Decline is meh. EMG results have proven that you get virtually identical activation out of a flat bench as you do decline so you may as well flat bench because its safer and easier. Protect your shoulders by employing a slight arch which effectively emulates a decline bench angle.

I actually really like db pressing on a slight decline.

Similar to a dip in that it activares your lats more, but your grip is in a better orientation, for BP carry over, and pushing 40 per hand is more comfortable than hanging ut around your waist by a rope ( yes I need to get a proper dup belt)

Also using db recruits more stablising muscles, and allows you to choose your line of movement.

If you want big floppers do flys.
If you want strong triceps, do tricep push downs using a cable.

Oh, and I suggest you pay attention to this bloke
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkdQ-yCa9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Moment Arm Exercise Chest Part 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]