• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlifts using a deadlift lever machine

I don't dead lift or squat at the moment and probably won't for awhile .i like the safe feeling I get on the leg press I have more control over my knee
But if your calling heathy people who GO to the gym dickheads because they don't squat or deadlift is very small minded sort of makes you a dickhead does it not? At least they are at the gym trying and not sitting on their ass at home getting fat

You need to re-read Callans post mate he says it has it's place for those who can't physically do a compound lift. You've just had a knee reco, I think that places you firmly in the not physically able to category.

I don't dead lift or squat at the moment and probably won't for awhile .i like the safe feeling I get on the leg press I have more control over my knee
But if your calling heathy people who GO to the gym dickheads because they don't squat or deadlift is very small minded sort of makes you a dickhead does it not? At least they are at the gym trying and not sitting on their ass at home getting fat

Nothing wrong with being your own man, Tregs. I totally agree with you btw.

I agree with Bazza, there is no reason to squat or deadlift if strength is not the primary objective. Deadlifts are shit-tier for hypertrophy when you compare them to top down variations of the deadlift, ghd's etc etc
That being said if you don't squat you're a pussy

The deadlift machine looks like it would be good for doing shrugs

This - I used it yesterday, and have at least a three or four times a month since I started going to the gym. It is just about unbeatable for shrugs - but sometimes I want a but of variation and might go with BB or DB shrugs.

I never deadlift with it (except to get the shrug weight up, as I use the lower handles).

ah ok fair enough, i forgot touching a free weight was like getting on the juice.

Not just that man, there are many negatives to the deathlift and other free weight exercises

Early onset of male pattern baldness
A lowering of IQ
Turning into a douchebag, especially to women
Dick getting smaller due to overcompensation
Protein addiction
AIDS from sharing your whey / creatine needles

Not just that man, there are many negatives to the deathlift and other free weight exercises

Early onset of male pattern baldness
A lowering of IQ
Turning into a douchebag, especially to women
Dick getting smaller due to overcompensation
Protein addiction
AIDS from sharing your whey / creatine needles
white lung from excess chalk inhalation.

oh and of course we wouldnt want the future generations to man the fuck up and rough up their hands and become a fucking beast. that would be tragic

I do, much better than the Nancy pants young blokes of today worrying about their hair and shit.