• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah that is some good advice. I have never seen how long I can make it by hanging there, it would be interesing.

Our Deadlift is starting to come up at the moment, I think it is because we have become more determined and seeing the guys doing what they do down at PTC, well we want in too!

I will never be using straps, seeing that vid of that 240kg without any assistance tools was a big inspiration to me. I want my 2.5 BW deadlift!

I'll definitely consider that. I have also got mixed recommendations from doctors and physios, much of it seems to be based less on genuine science and more on the physician's own nature - wussy or gung-ho.

Really I think that a person's own comfort level is the best guide of what's safe for them... provided they are nicely balanced between gung-ho and wussy.

I had a bad back from skateboarding. My lower back muscles (stability muscles) were really shot after jumping down flights of stairs again and again, not to mention the poor posture that skateboarding has. It was so bad that my fiancee could not sit on the couch next to me and put her legs on my lap as it would hurt my lower back after a short amount of time.

I was very careful with this when I started at the gym. Doing hyperextensions would absolutely kill my back, and I was always scared to deadlift. I started about 12 months ago now with 40kg, we really made sure our technique was right and took our time easing into the weights, they went up slowly and the whole time I was very careful with my back. I have now built a MUCH stronger lower back and deadlifted 150kg for the first time the other night. So there is some hope there Kyle, I don't know what your problems are but maybe if you ease into it and be very careful you can build up the strength and before long you will be deadlifting like a monster.

I need to get some chalk, where do you buy this? Or is it simply blackboard chalk? The knurling on the bars at our gym is almost non existant and they are a bit slippery, chalk is definitely needed!

Yeah, there is one around the corner from where I work I am sure.

I'll check it out, thanks Katie!

Josh, see the last page of my gym journal thread for details.

You know, I sweat like a bastard during squats, the bar feels like it's going to slip on my traps. So I went to a weights and machines store to get some chalk.

They didn't have any.

Sigh.

Its magnesium carbonate, same stuff gymnasts use. I get it from Australian Kettlebells, Anaconda also sell it in Victoria.

Thanks guys.

I might just order some from Australian Kettlebells.

Its magnesium carbonate, same stuff gymnasts use. I get it from Australian Kettlebells, Anaconda also sell it in Victoria.

Anaconda? thats a camping shop isnt it? also is Australian Kettlebells an online store only or do they have a shop you can walk into?

Australian Kettlebells have an online shop and a shop front.

As they advertise on my sight, they give discounts to anyone that mentions PTC, it actually says that on their ad on the PTC website.

the owners name is Rick and he is a great guy, a petrol head too, he has an M3.

Nice, it seems cars and lifting have something in common.

I'll be sure to order some.

I thought I would bring this thread back up. It was only 2 months ago that I was really struggling to deadlift 140kg and having a heap of grip issues. I have since found an awesome solution, CHALK!! The bars at my gym are ****, I used to have grip issues when lifting 120kg x 6. Now, I am having none of these issues since bringing chalk into the equation. It has made the biggest difference ever! I can just concentrate on the lift and not even worry about my grip.

If you have been suffering from grip issues, GET SOME CHALK!

My callouses get heaps of moisturiser because of my son. He has eczema and I am always rubbing it on him. What do you mean by file and cut them? I am always removing the bits that start to flake up.

I use tiny scissors or bite them too. Then moisturise them each night.

Not being able to compete at your best because of a torn callous is frustrating and very preventable.