• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DB Squats

All this is way too much thought...If all you can think about during a squat is this angle plus that force blah blah blah...how the fuck can you concentrate on just lifting a fuckin heavy weight?

You don't when you're lifting the weight lol :p
But finding the most efficient way to lift a weight is the best way to lift the most weight you can.
I'm willing to bet you wouldn't react this way to Sticky's technical description of the forces used in the bench press either...

You don't when you're lifting the weight lol :p
But finding the most efficient way to lift a weight is the best way to lift the most weight you can.
I'm willing to bet you wouldn't react this way to Sticky's technical description of the forces used in the bench press either...

You misunderstood what my point was, and failed to read my second post straight afterwards.
If somebody is worrying about too many things DURING a heavy lift, how can this be good for you? If your training has been spot on and you have complete faith in your form, why would you be thinking about anything else other than the lift itself?
And regarding Sticky, he said so himself in many posts, that the form in a lighter lift should be exactly the same as a heavy lift. This was in response to people using heavy weight/max effort as an excuse for poor form.

You misunderstood what my point was, and failed to read my second post straight afterwards.
If somebody is worrying about too many things DURING a heavy lift, how can this be good for you? If your training has been spot on and you have complete faith in your form, why would you be thinking about anything else other than the lift itself?
And regarding Sticky, he said so himself in many posts, that the form in a lighter lift should be exactly the same as a heavy lift. This was in response to people using heavy weight/max effort as an excuse for poor form.

I think you've misunderstood the entire thread
When I'm squatting heavy I don't think of all that shit
You work all that shit out when you're not lifting and think about it on lighter sets

Maybe mate, but by your last statement you agree with my post, even if it was off topic! Lol
We can just agree on one thing- to fuckin lift :)