• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

D-Aspartic Acid

What sort of results did you achieve?

Took bulk DAA - so averaging around 4-5g per day.
Slight strength increases and recovery, however the most noticeable were major increase in libido, mood enhancing, better sleep and surprisingly sore joints as well... strange as it supposedley increases Estrogen as well.

Going to have to try PA's version next time round. Maybe stack it with something else...

Excellent.
Why is PA's version different?

DAA is somewhat insoluable, so it it hangs around in your gut and apparently takes a lot of water for it to be disolved - hence the idea of taking 4-5g instead of 3g.
The idea behind PA's formula is that its D-Aspartate Calcium 'Chelate' and therefore mixes instantly. He has a new product out, with an additional amino acid, I think Sarcosine, apparently boosts the effects.
So pretty keen to try this in due course.

Interesting, I'm assuming you mean it alleviates sore joints?

No, surprisingly for me, gave me sore joints... not as bad as say an AI, but still noticeable.

Interesting, I'm assuming you mean it alleviates sore joints?
Not really. Due to increased inflamation it can have this effect of sorer joints similar to Arachadonic Acid.
I have not done enough research on D-Aspartic acid to know if this is correct though.

I've heard some good reports from people on TRT and the like. Very varying results for people who weren't on. Though I wouldn't like to take something that causes increased inflamation personally.

Inflamation is a difficult one..

It is a needd process but remember it is a positive feedback loop so inflamation causes more inflamation..

That being said for repair to occur there needs to be some inflamation.. But at what point does it become a problem?

I personally would like to keep it as low as possible, as after all it is a major route cause behind almost all diseases...

I think there are better ways to achieve the results...

I honestly haven't done a whole lot of research into DAA, but the claims seem a little "gimmicky" and if true, the increase in Estrogen would seem to be problematic to say, a natural trainee. In conjunction with something to control those sides, I see no problem but is it worth the cost?

If the inflamation response from taking DAA was noticable enough to cause me to increase my intake of Fish Oil or Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroiten I think it wouldn't be worth it.

Just my very limited opinion.

I honestly haven't done a whole lot of research into DAA, but the claims seem a little "gimmicky" and if true, the increase in Estrogen would seem to be problematic to say, a natural trainee. In conjunction with something to control those sides, I see no problem but is it worth the cost?

If the inflamation response from taking DAA was noticable enough to cause me to increase my intake of Fish Oil or Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroiten I think it wouldn't be worth it.

Just my very limited opinion.

From the bloods I have seen, the increase in estrogen seemed minimal and in check with the increase in Test.
I think the main concerns were potential increases in prolactin, however most people seem to be taking L-Dopa with their cycles as a precaution.
In terms of cost, a months supply of bulk DAA dosed at 3g would be approx $11 - PA's version about $30.
From the logs I've seen on DAA, no one really reported 'sore joints' except me and one other person.
Gimmicky, possibly - I only really tried it due to PA's write up and although he did have an 'interest' in DAA, he doesn't bring out sh.. besides, for me the libido and mood enhancing were enough.

If your interested, there is a study on pubmed floating around, 40% increase in Test within 12 days...

That's cool. I guess taking the necessary precautions in regards to imbalances and inflammation is all that's needed. At that price it seems very cost effective, and with the results you've personally seen I see no reason why not.

PubMed studies and such don't interest me particularly. I'm/we're not in a lab controlled situation after a desired result. Using it to learn of the mechanisms and the how/why things happen is great, but I take it all with a grain of salt.

40% test increase? In twelve days... I would take that with a grain of salt. Long ester roids take longer then that lol

Can you post the study?

Can anyone say Exitotoxin?

DAA being an excitotoxin is purely speculation.
PA has previously discussed this and it is likely to not be an issue as we are not injecting the compound in our brain...

But I'm one to disregard all that Aspartame garbage.

where do you get ur daa from? i payed 19.50 for 100g from the us (primaforce).. havn't started it yet.

Nutraplanet. Its bulk DAA.
How are you intending on dosing it?

DAA being an excitotoxin is purely speculation.
PA has previously discussed this and it is likely to not be an issue as we are not injecting the compound in our brain...

But I'm one to disregard all that Aspartame garbage.

Nutraplanet. Its bulk DAA.
How are you intending on dosing it?

Why would you disregard something that has decent information behind it?
We also don't inject l-tryptophan into our brains yet it makes it's way there.

You are assuming the blood brain barrier is a 100% full proof iron clad barrier that protects all, nothing could be further from the truth..

As for test and e2 conversion e2 always follows t. Just it is different for every person.. This substance is t something I would he consuming Alot of until it has lasted the o e true test that matters. Time...