• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting and Bulking diet examples please?

Mickdog

Is there any chance somebody with the knowledge could recomend both diets and may even make them a sticky. Would really help somebody like myself starting out.

Theres not really any examples dude. If you want to get bigger, eat more, do less. You want to get smaller, eat less, do more.

500 calories above is the rule of thumb for bulking. 500 calories under for cutting. Best bet is to google "maintainance calories." Find out what yours are, considering your height and current weight. Add 500 calories if you want to bulk.

Goto calorieking.com.au and start adding meals until you reach your target calories. Milk, rice and pasta, oil, fatty meats are all easy ways to get the added calories.

For losing weight you obviously want to stay away from too many carbs, so lean meat and veges/salads are perfect for most meals. Timing your carb intake to post workout and breakfast is great too.

what leachy said.

But, why does everyone cutting diet have to be low carb, i don't understand?

what leachy said.

But, why does everyone cutting diet have to be low carb, i don't understand?
Well you still need a decent protein and fat intake. So theres a few of your calories. Carbs turn to fat alot easier in the body so they need to be burned straight away, which is where post workout carbs come in. Fat cannot be stored as energy like carbs so your body will turn to the fats if it has no carbs stored up.

Well you still need a decent protein and fat intake. So theres a few of your calories. Carbs turn to fat alot easier in the body so they need to be burned straight away, which is where post workout carbs come in. Fat cannot be stored as energy like carbs so your body will turn to the fats if it has no carbs stored up.

What? I don't want to get into an internet war on nutrition or anything but I'm 90% sure that fats are the most easily stored energy source, and that carbs require a bit of work on the body's part to convert them to fat for storage.

Theres not really any examples dude. If you want to get bigger, eat more, do less. You want to get smaller, eat less, do more.

500 calories above is the rule of thumb for bulking. 500 calories under for cutting. Best bet is to google "maintainance calories." Find out what yours are, considering your height and current weight. Add 500 calories if you want to bulk.

Goto calorieking.com.au and start adding meals until you reach your target calories. Milk, rice and pasta, oil, fatty meats are all easy ways to get the added calories.

For losing weight you obviously want to stay away from too many carbs, so lean meat and veges/salads are perfect for most meals. Timing your carb intake to post workout and breakfast is great too.

I new you were going to say that. I have to do everything for myself don't I:p

If you want a food template. Quantities to be adjusted for calorie target.

Bulk

Oats/milk/banana/egg
tuna/rice
steak veges + sweet potato
post workout shake
chicken/rice veges
cottage cheese

Cutting

oats/milk/banana
tuna and veges
steak and veges
post workout shake
chicken and salad

If I was you I would just add 2l of milk through the day if you want to put on some weight. Full cream - its the bomb!

If you want a food template. Quantities to be adjusted for calorie target.

Bulk

Oats/milk/banana/egg
tuna/rice
steak veges + sweet potato
post workout shake
chicken/rice veges
cottage cheese

Cutting

oats/milk/banana
tuna and veges
steak and veges
post workout shake
chicken and salad

If I was you I would just add 2l of milk through the day if you want to put on some weight. Full cream - its the bomb!

Thanks mate that will help heaps

I'd make one ammendment to that. Milk has no place when you're trying to become smaller, it's reserved for those who seek Swoledom.

Otherwise it seems fine.

I've never been a huge fan of fast or slow bulking / cutting diets. They're generally unsustainable psychologically for normal people who arent OCD. Stick with whole foods both ways, and find the simplest method of adding or removing calories: bulking, increase portion sizes and add a glass of full cream milk with most meals. Cutting, decrease portion sizes, mostly by removing simple carbs and take the milk out. You'll find yourself more likely to stick with it either way. If you're after really extreme results then you need to get more scientific about it.

Low fat is worse greater insulin spike..

And why do you care about the insulin spike?

Who cares if you have milk during your cutting diet. You can have any food you want, as long as you meet your calorie target. I have 300mL of milk with my oats every morning while cutting and it works for me.

And why do you care about the insulin spike?

Who cares if you have milk during your cutting diet. You can have any food you want, as long as you meet your calorie target. I have 300mL of milk with my oats every morning while cutting and it works for me.

What a load of shit..

The composition of your diet is just as important as the calories it contains..
The food you eat changes your bodies requirements for calories thus it is very important what they are made up of.

The hormonal responses to food are also just as important.. Other wise we could all eat 200kcal a day and loose fat.

It doesn't work I'm sorry.. Eating 2000kcal of insulin spiking food will not be of benefit either..

Mmm, Maccas while losing weight.... :p

I lost weight and bodyfat eating mostly Maccas, KFC, Pizza Hut for about 2 months straight, this was not long ago.
2 or 3 meals a day would have been this crap, but off it now...
It's obviously not healthy, but was a busy time in my life and I got in a bad habit and kind of got addicted.

Still got to about my lowest bodyfat in a long time without trying, on this diet.
Was not exercising either...

The composition of your diet is just as important as the calories it contains..
The food you eat changes your bodies requirements for calories thus it is very important what they are made up of.

The hormonal responses to food are also just as important.. Other wise we could all eat 200kcal a day and loose fat.

It doesn't work I'm sorry.. Eating 2000kcal of insulin spiking food will not be of benefit either..

You can eat 200 calories of food a day and lose fat. You will lose a lot of fat and a lot of muscle. Try it and see.

Eating 2000 calories of any type of food will also result in weight loss assuming your maintenance calories is over 2000.

I lost weight and bodyfat eating mostly Maccas, KFC, Pizza Hut for about 2 months straight, this was not long ago.
2 or 3 meals a day would have been this crap, but off it now...
It's obviously not healthy, but was a busy time in my life and I got in a bad habit and kind of got addicted.

Still got to about my lowest bodyfat in a long time without trying, on this diet.
Was not exercising either...

Yes. In addition: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

And other stuff like the Potato diet etc. Not that it's ideal for lollies to make up 75% of your diet, but as long as calories are in check, it works.