• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Custom Fabrication for pullup bars in Aus?

Custom Fabrication (monkey bars for powertec rack)

as per Custom Made Texas-Strength Monkey Chin/Pull up Bar - Bodybuilding.com Forums

083.jpg

Is there anyone in Australia that could produce something similar of decent quality for a good price?, this would definitely resolve one limitation of the powertec.

What's the internal dimension between the top rails?
If it's 1100mm or close to, the MMPR Muscle Motion multi grip bar will fit - $45.

there's a guy who has a business making actual monkey bars - the proper big sturdy kind. not sure that's helpful though.

but OMG that set up looks like my heaven! I ADORE monkey bars.
Would be fantastic.

although, sidebar, if anyone wants monkey bars, these are the guys I'd go for:

http://www.funkymonkeybars.com/

Last edited:
Doesn't the powertec have pull-up bars on the front?

It does, but they are limited compared to monkey bars, I'd quite like the options for hand position. If may be moot if my ceiling ends up being too low for comfortable pullups, but we'll see first once the rack arrives, and if it feels good, then I'll be looking for an option like this.

It does, but they are limited compared to monkey bars, I'd quite like the options for hand position. If may be moot if my ceiling ends up being too low for comfortable pullups, but we'll see first once the rack arrives, and if it feels good, then I'll be looking for an option like this.

I see what you mean, just had a look at them. If you do get something like that remember to leave enough room to actually pull your head up past the bar. That pic doesn't exactly leave allot of room to pull your self up lol. The idea is sound though.

couple of 15mm spacers = too easy :)

If it's 1100mm or close to, the MMPR Muscle Motion multi grip bar will fit - $45.
they are available seperately??? :eek: I think I need one :D

there's more than $45 worth of time in the OP pic.. unless done at mates rates, esp if knurling is involved

edit: wow he paid US$215 inc shipping ??? I reckon you could easily make em for $100 or less, but with MM one for $45, there is no incentive at all.

Last edited:

I sent an email to gymdirect today regarding this very issue (it may be you who even replied).

Apparently the internal width is 1130mm. 3cm too short. But placing a 1.5cm sheet of metal either side to accommodate for the shortness should be no problem.

The decision I face now is whether I should use it to replace the front strut, or keep the front strut as is and position this just behind it. Opinion?

Oh, and nightfalltech, for what it's worth, im both kotchi and sexaddict on bb.com, i just needed to bump the thread ;)

Yeah, just use 15mm of non-compressible packers on each end of the pull up bar bracket and bolt in tight.
You would most likely have to replace the existing pull up bar, as it would simply get in the way if you have both attached, as you want it near the front of the rack.

Yeah, just use 15mm of non-compressible packers on each end of the pull up bar bracket and bolt in tight.
You would most likely have to replace the existing pull up bar, as it would simply get in the way if you have both attached, as you want it near the front of the rack.

I'd definitely be removing the existing pullup bars, but im just not sure whether i should also remove the bar they're attached on, or place the MM mutligrip bar just behind it.

For limited space the powertec has a very small footprint

Pretty much the same footprint as the Cybertek, Gymdirect, or Force.

Only it has a totally crap chin up bar.

Not only is it the most expensive of these racks but now you are looking at a mod for the chin up bar.

Not only is it the most expensive of these racks but now you are looking at a mod for the chin up bar.

Agreed, but it has one of the better lat pull down attachments.

Gymdirect requires over 2.5m total length of workout area due to the space required to remove the safeties, this isn't a concern for everyone, but is in my workout space, otherwise the MMPR rack would probably be my choice (the commercial version if i had the space).

ForceUSA gets a pretty bad rep around the forums in general

CyberTek, the position of the rear crossmember i'm not happy with (and i don't like white), i do like the look of their welded rack, but it's just too tall for me at present.

I like the safeties on the powertec for my workout space.

Others may differ in opinion of course, the Muscle motion, body solid, powertec, rogue and cybertek racks all look like viable options in their own right.

Last edited:
Has to be bolted to the floor though.... restricts home use options, but a great idea for a gym...

Why does it have to be bolted to the floor? They put the tabs on the feet to bolt it so it doesn't jump around when you put the bands on the bottom.

It's a rip off at that price though you could get it made for less. If you look at the pins they look like they are only 20mm with a sleeve over them in the rack most racks have solid 30mm pins and seeing as this is the first thing to get bent wouldn't it be the part you would want to be the strongest. Also a front mount chinup bar on that would wobble like a mofo cause of the small depth, probably still a good option if your trying to squeeze a car into a small garage.

Great hole spacing on that rack though.

Why does it have to be bolted to the floor? They put the tabs on the feet to bolt it so it doesn't jump around when you put the bands on the bottom.

It's a rip off at that price though you could get it made for less. If you look at the pins they look like they are only 20mm with a sleeve over them in the rack most racks have solid 30mm pins and seeing as this is the first thing to get bent wouldn't it be the part you would want to be the strongest. Also a front mount chinup bar on that would wobble like a mofo cause of the small depth, probably still a good option if your trying to squeeze a car into a small garage.

Great hole spacing on that rack though.

haha yeah, when my eyes wandered to the uprights which would line up with my chest, my jaw dropped :/