• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

current ranking system

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds ridiculous to me.a big long post full of speculations and accusations.So what if there are cliques.You get that anywhere you go.Doesnt mean these particular people are corrupt.And the idea that the top lifters are automatically juicing based on the fact they are better lifters is lame.Once again,some of these people have been lifting for many many years.

Whoah there big fella, slow your roll lest you have a cerebral infarction! I'm not casting aspersions on your mother's chastity, or accusing Wilks of channelling your hard earned membership fees to ISIS, just repeating another member's opinion, making some observations about possible flaws within the system and possible remedial actions. No wild accusations and allegations of corruption and rampant juicing. Yes, I'm sure many members have different experiences.

I'd hate to think that someone would use a thread like this to brown nose PA staff by making them aware of someone's stoically pro perspective in the public arena.

Last edited:
Whoah there big fella, slow your roll lest you have a cerebral infarction! I'm not casting aspersions on your mother's chastity, or accusing Wilks of channelling your hard earned membership fees to ISIS, just repeating another member's opinion, making some observations about possible flaws within the system and possible remedial actions. No wild accusations and allegations of corruption and rampant juicing. Yes, I'm sure many members have different experiences.

I'd hate to think that someone would use a thread like this to brown nose PA staff by making them aware of someone's stoically pro perspective in the public arena.

nah seems to me you like to make up big long fairy stories,without any proof whatsoever.That big long bunch of rubbish you took 3 hrs to type out would be regarded as slander if you werent a nobody that noone listens to.btw timmy says you are piss weak.true or false?

….. there is an incentive (financial and otherwise) for PA not to allow the opportunity for a positive test to be returned.

…...Historically this is the problem with any organisation that self-polices.

...You have to admit that in the case that PA mandates X amount of tests per year or allots a specific monetary amount to testing, testing an athlete monthly over a period of a year is at the very least irresponsible administration, and regardless of whether or not it was the purpose, increases the chances that an athlete who was using PEDs would not be tested. …... If in fact the testing regime is coordinated by PA itself (as opposed to say ASADA or an independent 3rd party) it is a significant procedural flaw,

…….a truly robust, independently scrutinised and well designed testing process is likely to be of far more benefit, instil more credibility in the federation, and provide more incentive for athletes to be clean than effectively using testing as a big stick, or token bannings for PED use.

I have selected part of your answer to point out a possible misunderstanding.

PA do not select anyone for anything when it comes to testing. The athletes to be tested are based on random selection by ASADA (or the country testing authority in a foreign country).

Also in an international comp, all winners also tested. I may be wrong there but it may be all podium winners are chosen as well (silver and bronze).

Plus all lifters setting world records are tested. In IPF regulations a masters lifter does not need mandatory testing for a masters only world record. They can be, but it's not mandatory. But they must be tested if he/she sets an open record.

PA or the IPF do not chose who gets tested, and more importantly, who does not get tested. That would be like the local pub selecting who gets a breath test.

Also,
The example provided above seems to ring true with the opinion voiced to me in conversation that PA is a more political federation that CAPO or GPC, can be cliquey, and if an athlete falls out of the good graces of the powers that be, then pressure can be applied through means such as above.

I don't know where this comes from. In any organisation, from the Federal Government to the local bowls club, there are people who make decisions and people who resent those decisions. A great parody of that was the movie Strictly Ballroom.

So you are always going to have people at the top of any organisation with who are going to be slagged by those who have had their nose put out of joint. Someone has to make those hard decisions and usually they get flack for that if it does not suit the whims of some members. That's how organisations work.

I personally have had no issues at all with politics or nefarious dealings in PA. I pay my membership fees, I pay my comp fee, I turn up and do my thing. I go home and eat a bucket of KFC with a beer. End of story.

I could waffle on about small groups and their spats but the bottom line is that there are two sides to every story. Every divorce has two people at fault. Always. No matter how close you are to your mate, his opinion or viewpoint of an event is just one side of the story. So if someone had directly complained to you about politics in PA, there is another side of the story.

If you are getting rumours 3rd hand, then forget it. That's how wars start.

If PA does chose athletes for testing, I'm gonna go buy some lube and a couple of litres of Test Cyp. New world champ coming up. Should be epic, bro.

woody, you could be right.

But why would ASADA not take advice from within sport itself about who best to target for whatever reasons.

I have selected part of your answer to point out a possible misunderstanding.

PA do not select anyone for anything when it comes to testing. The athletes to be tested are based on random selection by ASADA (or the country testing authority in a foreign country).

Also in an international comp, all winners also tested. I may be wrong there but it may be all podium winners are chosen as well (silver and bronze).

Plus all lifters setting world records are tested. In IPF regulations a masters lifter does not need mandatory testing for a masters only world record. They can be, but it's not mandatory. But they must be tested if he/she sets an open record.

PA or the IPF do not chose who gets tested, and more importantly, who does not get tested. That would be like the local pub selecting who gets a breath test.

Like I said I have zero interest in getting into a debate about PA policy; You are probably better placed to know how their system works from within and I hope what you've stated above is the case as it's advantageous for the athletes.

In any organisation, from the Federal Government to the local bowls club, there are people who make decisions and people who resent those decisions. A great parody of that was the movie Strictly Ballroom.

So you are always going to have people at the top of any organisation with who are going to be slagged by those who have had their nose put out of joint. Someone has to make those hard decisions and usually they get flack for that if it does not suit the whims of some members. That's how organisations work.

I personally have had no issues at all with politics or nefarious dealings in PA.

I could waffle on about small groups and their spats but the bottom line is that there are two sides to every story. Every divorce has two people at fault. Always.

I agree this is the case on most situations, although I have not seen Strictly Ballroom yet (it's still a new release isn't it?), and as I acknowledged in post 181 different members will have different experiences and opinions. Yes this is the nature of organisational policy.

Worth noting that I said that although there may be room for improvement (as with most systems) the current status quo may well be the best fit for the majority of people and PAs priorities. You will never have a flawless system unless you're the Olympic games....hang on...say what??

No matter how close you are to your mate, his opinion or viewpoint of an event is just one side of the story. So if someone had directly complained to you about politics in PA, there is another side of the story. If you are getting rumours 3rd hand, then forget it. That's how wars start.
A little credit please. I have no interest in flaming or propagating rumours - it's too time consuming. I was simply stating what was said to me first hand.

I pay my membership fees, I pay my comp fee, I turn up and do my thing. I go home and eat a bucket of KFC with a beer. End of story.
Sounds like a reasonable way to do it to me = performance enhancing chicken.

Last edited:
nah seems to me you like to make up big long fairy stories,without any proof whatsoever.That big long bunch of rubbish you took 3 hrs to type out would be regarded as slander if you werent a nobody that noone listens to.btw timmy says you are piss weak.true or false?

Dear Gerry, my prescription for you today is as follows:

1) Take your right hand and hold it out in from of you.
2) Make a fist with your hand
3) Vigorously insert your fist into your anus

woody, you could be right.

But why would ASADA not take advice from within sport itself about who best to target for whatever reasons.

I would assume it was because that could lead to misdirection.

Think of any sport. Say the NRL. Why would any team manager pick out guys for testing? What would be the point? Would that not make cheating or revenge on a player possible? Would it not make the random testing "non random"?

I have no idea where this belief that sports teams chose who gets tested comes from.

Remember, in PA it's random testing plus targeted testing if you win. Or if you have failed a past test. Then you are targeted. I assume that finance is main force at work behind how many are tested so who gets tested comes down to how best to spend those testing dollars. It's not cheap. So they focus on the world record setters or winners with random tests tossed in to make up the numbers.

In the Olympics. Why would coaches tell WADA to test their lifter? What would be the point? If they win a spot on the podium or set a world record, they will be tested anyway.

i am not saying that a fed would protect its lifters, but i am saying that ASADA would probably listen to information passed on to it about potential suspects.

Frankly, I cannot be certain of anything related to PA and ASADA sharing information. It's not in my field or of any interest to me.

I just don't see why "dobbing in" an athlete in any sport would be helpful. In powerlifting, if a country has a certain number of failed lifters, the IPF can ban them from competition for a period of time. So testing but coming up clean 90% of the time would be a good thing, not to mention promoting the sport in your country as being "clean".

With Lance Franklin, Essendon footy club and Marion Jones, they all ended up in the Labrador poo because they were dobbed in by other athletes. Not a fed.

Dear Gerry, my prescription for you today is as follows:

1) Take your right hand and hold it out in from of you.
2) Make a fist with your hand
3) Vigorously insert your fist into your anus

yeah yeah all i ask is for a little credibility from you,you seem to degenerate into this type of talk too easily.Please be aware that maybe in your small mind,you may have 1 upped me with this silliness especially when i dont return it,the real result is that lurkers may think that you are a bit of an idiot

i dont..but think about what you type.

Last edited:
yeah yeah all i ask is for a little credibility from you,you seem to degenerate into this type of talk too easily.Please be aware that maybe in your small mind,you may have 1 upped me with this silliness especially when i dont return it,the real result is that lurkers may think that you are a bit of an idiot

You make me chuckle.

tLRdJwe.gif

lol another post directed at me by the obsessed nutter.dude go get some attention.just because i said you were untrustworthy you reverted to the real you.a crazy stalker.you were easy to pick.

wheres your pic and the powerlifting medals you have won?lets recap,stiffys too scared to post a pic just in case he gets smited by someone.i reckon hes made that up.hes not a powerlifter,as according to him he doesnt train for it.im not sure why hes even here.

Last edited:
stiffy has.even blew my pic up to an abominable size for queer shrine purposes.reminds me of that opening scene in cape fear where de niro has cut outs on his jail cell wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.