• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

crtique my workout please :)

awol

hey guys,just like a few opinions on my workout my goal build mass. each body part get hits twice a week, prefer this over one a week, allows me to hit the mucle more effectively each session. Let me know what you think, if its too much, not enough etc etc. thanks guys

Sunday:
Squats 4x6-10
SLDL: 3x8
Bent over row 3x8
lat pull down 2x8-10
Barbell curl 3x8
Forearm wrist curl 2x8
calf raise 2x15

Monday:
Bench press 4x6-10
Flat Flys 2x8
Military press 3x8
Front db raises 2x8
upright row 2x8
skull crusher 3x8

Wednesday:
Deadlift 4x6-10
pull ups 3x8
DB lunge 3x8
Leg extension 3x8
Preacher curl 3x8
Forearm 2x8
Calf raise 2x15

Friday:
Incline bench 4x6-10
Incline flys 2x8
Shrugs 3x10
db shoulder press 3x8
side lateral 2x8
close grip bench 3x8-10

I agree, Monday for example, 5/6 of your exercises work your front delts, way too much.
Posted via Mobile Device

hey cheers for the comments and advice guys. taken few things away: hows this look
Main goal is building muscle moreso than strength, but i understand that they both work hand in hand.

Monday

4x Squats: 5-8 reps
3x Stiff leg deadlifts: 8 reps
3x BB Row: 8 reps
3x: one arm rows: 8reps
3x Bicep Curls: 10 reps
3xBarbell Wrist curl (palms facing up): 8-10 reps

Tuesday
4x Bench Press: 5-8 reps
3x Military Press: 8 reps
3x Upright Rows:8 reps
3x Skull Crushers: 8 reps
3x Standing calf raises: 15 reps

Thursday

4x Deadlifts: 5-8reps
3x Pullups: 8 reps
3x DB Lunges: 8 reps
3x BB preacher curl: 10 reps
3x Forearm wrist curl (palm facing down): 8-10 reps

Saturday

4x Incline Press: 5 -8 reps
3x DB flys: 8 reps
3x Close grip bench: 8 -10reps
3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps
3x BB or DB shrugs: 10 reps
3x Seated calve raises: 15 reps

Last edited:
I dont see how its any better than the first really?

Remove all your isolations and bicep curls, cut it down to three days, squat everyday, pull as much as you push, oh and one other thing not yet mentioned, if you want muscle and size, then you need to eat, a lot.

I used to train like you, in fact I was worse, then I woke up to the fact that for a beginner, bicept curls, lat pulldowns etc. are a waste of time. Sticking to compound movements will get you size and put on muscle in places you didnt even know you had.

Thats my 2c.

Some people prefer to train 4 days a week. Me included, if he wants to train 4 days a week theres nothing wrong with that. Just gotta make sure he eats plenty of food.

And workout wise if he focuses on the compounds and throws in a couple smaller exercises at the end to really 'focus' in on something that should be ok.

I've been blasting my arms of late to put some size onto them because they've always been pretty small and I'm eating alot so it seems to be working.

More about efficiency of time than anything else when it comes to the gym, and eating big.

For someone in their first year of training I dont see the need to do isolation exercises or bicep curls, but thats my opinion. Instead of doing a set of curls, do another set of squats.

The 3-4 day thing, no biggie, but like you said, you would need to eat shit loads to be able to properly recover and give your body time to actual heal itself.

I'll admit I'm bias though, the only time I isolate is if there is an injury preventing me from doing a compound, and I dont like wasting time on bicep curls. But hay I got 2 kids, a wife, a house and a full time job, I need to maximise my time in the gym.

exactly paullie, if I'm in a rush I'll do the biggest heaviest sets that I can to f@ck myself up quickly with compounds. But if he can spare the time and doesn't sacrifice compounds for isolations he'll be ok.

One or two won't kill him :p

yeah concentrate on ur compounds and theres no need for ****ing forearm exercises lol everytime u pick up a barball or dumbell ur working ur forearms, like traps, they get enough work from deadlifts ect.....if ur deadlifting correctly......