• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critique this program

That weaklift site is a joke, just checked there strongest man thread, i am at the top of the 198 class lol.

Look, there are plenty of pluses with Weaklifts, it encourages guys to lift correctly on the basics. For that it should be applauded.

But the weasel who runs it wont allow his "customers" to learn about other stuff. He makes a very good living from his site, I wish I was that smart, but too many guys think thats the only way to lift.

Same problem at Waning Strength. We have guys come on here stating a novice should be on that. Bullshit. There are shitloads of far better programs for a novice.

This is why I go against these internet based sites so much. Everyone is treated the same. Were not.

At PTC I have around 3-4 levels.

At the top I have the strong guys. Not just total weight lifted, but also in regards to bodyweight. These guys have all cleared the novice lifts, or can do 2 out of 3 and are a handful of kilos off the 3rd. These guys can train 1-2 lifts per session, and they train 3-5 times a week at PTC

Then I have the guys who have lifted elsewhere and are totally unbalanced lifters. These guys can generally bench 100kg but cant squat it. Mostly correction work for them, few train more than twice a week at PTC, they have terrible egos when they walk in, they leave like lambs.

Next is the novices, started fresh with me, no bad habits, they train whole body, generally 3 times a week. This is the pool where my most talented lifters have come from.

Lastly I have the fitness guys, they just do my cardio sessions, so they mainly sprint and work with my KB's etc.

Its not One Size Fits All.

I think Rippetoe has alot over Medhi, due to the fact one of them runs his own gym in a warehouse and the other guy trains in his bedroom/apartment when hes not on his computer
These are assumptions based on youtube videos of both parties

I agree 100%.

But the fact remains that he recommends a handful of reps for deadlift, and everytime somebody does 10 or more his chronies jump all over them.

Yesterday at PTC we had our 50th lifter pull 200kg raw, no belt, in a little over 2 years.

We know a little about deadlift. Mark is incorrect on his assumption.

Last edited: