• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critique my Routine

Vman

Hey guys,
I'm new around here and want to get started into some serious gains.
I've been doing a fair bit of core at the gym at the moment and want to get into something better so i wrote up my own routine.
Any feed back would be great.
I'm going for a 3 day split here.

Day 1: Tricep / Chest
Chest: sets Reps
Incline Smith Machine Press 4 8
Flat Barbell Press 4 8
Dips 3 8
Dumbbell Flys 3 8
Tricep:
Lying Tricep Extension 3 8
Rope Pulldowns 3 8
Reverse Single Arm Extension 3 8

Day 2: Rest

Day 3: Bicep / Back
Back:
Wide Grip Pullups 4 8
Lat Pull Downs 4 8
One Arm Dumbbell Row 4 8
T-Bar Rows 4 8
Bicep:
EZ Bar Curls 3 8
Concentration Curls 3 8
Hammer Curls 3 8

Day 4: Rest

Day 5: Legs / Shoulders / Abs
Legs:
Squat 4 8
Leg Press 3 8
Leg Curls 3 8
Calf Raise 4 8
Shoulders:
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 8
Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 8
Shoulder Press Machine 3 8
Dumbbell Shrugs 4 8
Abs:
Ab Work Out

Day 6 & 7: Rest

Any feedback at all on this would be great, thanks.

yep have a read around the site and you will find the guys here do much simpler, more efficient workouts with great results. it might also help if you post up your stats, diet and goals so people can give advice based on those.

Splits are a really effective way of training, but not so great when you don't know the exercises that work for you or the volume you can tolerate.

hey, yeah well im going to start it out and really see what works and doesnt work for me.
Bit of background, both my shoulders are gone, one side cracked my shoulder blade and other snapped collar bone.
Stats:
180cm, 78kg, bf% unknown but id estimate around 15%
Goals:
Would like to stack on a solid 5-10kg of muscle and gain size all over.

I'd probably just go with a full body routine like rippetoes starting strength until you find out what works for you and then very conservatively draw up your own program.

But if you MUST do a 3 day split dont do anymore than 3-4 exercises on any given day. eg

Monday - SQUAT
3x5 squats
3x10 lunges or leg presses
3x15 sit ups

Wednesday - BENCH
3x5 Bench press
5x10 dumbell press or incline press
5xfailure pull ups

Friday - DEADLIFT
2x5 deadlift
3x15 sit ups

Monday - OVERHEAD PRESS