• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

creatine

alex

has anyone here ever had a negative effect with creatine? like lost muscle mass?? Is it possible to have a negative effect with creatine???
Posted via Mobile Device

yea I wasn't feeling creatine. It made no difference to my workout.

Either I'm in the minority who doesn't respond to it or i'm not yet at the level where one reaps its benefits. I think it was n00bs who exemplified this using the hi-octane in a crappy engine scenario.

As for negative effects, I experienced nothing. But the documented adverse effects are quite benign (like diarrhea etc.) although in rare cases, it has been detrimental to kidneys.

It can be cheap as chips, if it doesn't work it doesn't work (well for DKD anyway), it may work for you.

Ive tried it for sh*ts and giggles a few time over the past couple of years, I am sad to say I never noticed a thing from it.

Creatine is a funny thing..
It all comes back to your own creatine levels. We get small amounts through food, particularly meat and various other proteins. But don't forget your body makes it. A good enough reason to cycle on and off.
Those people that are lucky and produce more and have higher levels (only biopsy can prove) won't get much if anything from creatine. No increase in water retention, no increased ATP synthesis and no increases in strength, size, etc.

Of course no effects or negative effects will occur also if the general dosing protocol is not adhered to.