• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine+Beta-Alanine

staunch308

currently on creatine mono alone and looking at bulk buying some more creatine mono and have been doing a fair bit of research into beta alanine; seems like its tried and proven by increasing muscle carnosine levels to delay fatigue. the effects of creatine+ beta-alanine working together is a no brainer, creatine supplys the energy for the extra reps and beta alanine allows you to do them by reducing the lactic acid build up/fatigue.

also been looking into aakg and arginie aswell as citrulline malate and am at loss to what would be best to take. aakg aparently is better than arginine and increases no and dilates the blood vessels allowing for better oxygen and nutrient flow, but citrulline malate apparently is better than taking arginie because it increases the amount of arginie more than taking the same amount alone so im stumped as to which of the 3 i should take :confused:, money doesnt grow on trees and am stickign to the basic train hard, eat propelly, sleep good with supplemenenting as minimal as possible; WPC+Creatine+B Alanine.

will be buying creatine mono and beta alanine definitely, looking at bulk nutrients they seem to be decently priced, has anyone tried these two off there?

cheers

Last edited:
will be deffinetely settling on creatine 4g in the morning, with fish oil cap (from memory one cap has 180 epa and 300 dha), beta alanine 4g.

followed by 4g creatine and 4g beta alanine prior to workout.

whats the go on glutamine, theres so much to read that from what i understand it will increase GH levels, put my body in a postive ntirogen balance and helps to recover muscle faster; if your going to start with the eat, sleep, train is all you need at this age dont bother wasting your time either, looking for solid answers to my questions

also BCAAs, they reduce cortisol apparently?

cheers

Last edited:
8gms creatine per day is not required. 5gms once per day.

Also B.A should be 2gms per and 2gms post workout.

yeah as much as theres tons of info out there, its all mixed info, but if 5g is sufficent why take more its what ive been taking anyway pre workout, also does it matter when its taken?

read that the half life of ba is very short and its better to supp 6g at 2g three times a day to keep it maintained?

Does not matter when you take creatine. Once you reach peak saturation levels you take 5 gms anytime of the day to maintain it. That's why some prefer to pre load at 20gms per day to reach peak saturation levels quicker.

ok, well im putting an order on BN for creatine mono as its running low and a few other things, think the best thing to do would be resume my PTC program and take 5G of beta alanine daily so il put a 250g beta alanine in order, at 5g it will last me 50 days; carnosine levels are supposed to peak around 20 days so ill keep a daily log of how beta alanine and creatine works for me. there isnt to many BA logs out there and I dont mind spending $15 to give BA a shot wehter its worth it or not.

You know bcaa are in whey protein right?

buy a kg of mono and kg of beta alanine, the rest on WPC you dont need bcaa's

btw im not one for creatine cycling, ive heard mixed reviews to cycle creatine aswell as to not cycle it at all. my view is that it increases atp which is natural in the body, its not like something such as caffeine which is unnatural and a tolerance will be built if you get what i mean, so the log will be run with full saturation levels of creatine right from the start

Last edited:
Yes and no...

There comes a time when you need to simply cut all supplements down, other wise you are taking alot of everything for no reason. There is no point taking something for a month then stopping.

For example...

Daily list could include

Multi
a few extra cheap single vitamins such as D & A
Fishoil
Minerals (zinc magneisum ect)
coq10
creatine
whey
beta alanine
mil thistle

Think of this as a basic daily protocol that is pretty good and if we could all adhere to it and afford it it would be great.

There are some things we just take as a basic everyday regardless...

Now if you cant take them on a continual basis there is really no point to alot of things.

Multi
Fishoil
Minerals (zinc magneisum ect)
coq10
creatine
whey
beta alanine
milk thistle
GABA
taurine
pre work out supps/post workout supps
3dimeth
caffeine
b12 shots
b compelx shots
l-carnitine
herbal formulas
melatonin
pqq

And the list goes on. Where do you stop?

You need to come up with a basic protocl you can stick to. Other wise take this and that here and there is rather pointless

yeah thats exactly what i had planned to do, but was unsure whether beta alanine is worth spending money on to include in the basic daily supps. I think it will be best off sticking to (what i had orriginally planned and can be maintained everyday)

WPC
Creatine Mono @ 5G Daily
Fish Oil

also have some of BN's pre workout powder i have set aside for those occasional days, my choice and it works for me

those three supps are the basics and essentials the way i see it, it doesnt seem worth spending money on extra bs here and there, the whole beta alalnine thing was that i was thinking about including it into those basic 3, but after doing my research on it its all mixed reviews and seems like it will have a minimal effect then again it is supposed to work alongside creatine well - the onyl way to know would be to actually try it myself and see the difference. the amount of money ive spent on supps is rediculous, proteins, glutamine, pre workouts if only i was educated better when i was buying them.

those three supps along with propper nutrition, sleep and training commitment i know i will get results, without wasting my money on bs supps, they are tried and proven.

also every fish oil capsule contains 180mg of EPA and 120mg of DHA, is this suffiecent?