• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Correct times to take supps

C

cody

Okay so I'm fairly new to the whole supplement side of things.
I have:
- VPX Stealth Protein (its a weight gainer as well)
- NO Shotgun Pre-Workout
and I'm waiting for my Maxx Creatine to come through.

What I currently do is, gym at about 8.30pm (i work full time so I can't go earlier), drink my pre workout just before i head off to gym so its probably about 10 mins before i actually start working out. after my gym session i drink my protein.
Is my current system alright? Where abouts in that would i take the creatine?

Also my diets good, i eat a range of different stuff, I'm not a health freak in that I do on the odd occasion pig out but i'm not going to enter competitions, i'm just another one of those guys that wants to look good in the summer for chicks.

Cheers for any help i get.
Cody.

Not that i am an expert but from reading a little I gathered that its a good idea to take a protein in the morning, also 1 hour prior to workout, immediately after workout.

The creatine i think you can either have it in smaller doses in morning and before training or say 15-30 mins before training

Hi,

Glutamine: upon rising out of bed
Protein: probably 45mins before your workout
Creatine: 30 mins or slightly less before your workout
BCAAs: during work out
Creatine with some form of insulin spiking ingredient like Dextrose: straight after workout
Protein w/ glutamine: within 20mins of your workout

Protein: Mid-Afternoon Snack
Protein: before bed (cassein works best) and glutamine

Hopefully that helps you a lil bit.

I think a more informed member can give you the low-down

Last edited:
I have a pre workout so why would I use that as well as protein? Also I'm going at night, so I would've just had dinner which means I can't fit in a pre workout and 2 more shakes before bed. I'd chuck half if not all of it every time.
I only have pre workout, protein and waiting for creatine. so i dunno what glutamine is/how to get it and also the same with bcaa's.
Also I work full time, I drink my protein with milk, so I can't take milk to work otherwise it'll go off.

oh sorry mate. i read it as 8.30am.

ummmm pre-workouts are a waste of money imo.

okay well dont have a protein shake 45mins before workout.

have it with your lunch or breakkie.

cheers

with breaky would work well actually.
the pre workout is pretty good, gets me pumped and im able to lift a lot more than when i didn't use it.
so on workout out days, protein shake for breaky, pre workout before, protein shake after.
and nothing on non workout days? or 1 shake on non workout days?

with breaky would work well actually.
the pre workout is pretty good, gets me pumped and im able to lift a lot more than when i didn't use it.
so on workout out days, protein shake for breaky, pre workout before, protein shake after.
and nothing on non workout days? or 1 shake on non workout days?

Whats your diet and trianing like?

breakfast - scrambled eggs
lunch - non workout day - salad rolls
lunch - workout day - chicken and rice or some sort of beef and rice
dinner - whatever mum cooks - its always healthy though, but it varies too much to be one specific type of meal.

what exactly do you mean training? I just go to gym and do a bit of everything and I tend to go every 2 days.

Take your pre workout drink before you train and your post workout drink after you train.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just remember supplements are supplements, get your diet in order first otherwise supps are a waste of money.

Training Wise -
Seriously consider getting a proper program down pat, how is doing a 'bit of everything' going to help you get strong fast. You'll never know for sure if you're getting stronger each week. And if you don't have a routine your likely to stop at some point.

well diet's easy to change coz for lunch i have a buffet to choose from. Breakfast I can have either a protein shake or scrambled eggs. Just I don't know what I'm meant to be having on training days and non training days etc.

As for dinner, mum and dad pay for it all, so I generally just eat it, but theres always salad, meat or pasta. We don't have takeaway or shit like that, but in terms of changing my dinner diet it'd just be too difficult at the moment and I'd rather eat my mums food haha.

And I just assumed if I did a bit of everything each time it wouldn't really matter. What do I ask the for when I go to gym next? A program? What kind of program do I want?

Thanks for your help, sorry I'm such a noob =\ haha

I have looked over this forum and I can't find anything that I need SPECIFICALLY for ME. That's why I started my own thread so I could get help.
If this is the wrong type of website, could you recommend another or something? :\

If you are such a Noob then why did you buy those supps without researching first?

Shotgun has creatine in it yet you bought another tub of creatine.

research and ask questions first my friend.

i haven't bought it yet, an error occurred as i was checking out. The reason I didn't research was because a friend helped me get the items and I'd ask him for help, but he isn't a GREAT friend and I feel as though I may be starting to annoy him. So that's why I came here. He gave me a general idea, but when to take and when to not was very vague for me.
Sorry to have bothered you all..

I don't think you have bothered any one but you are going about this ass backwards.

1. Get on a beginners program, lift properly and eat lots.
2. Save your money and don't but any supplements. Keep eating lots and lots and if you need a post workout drink try milk for now. And you are by far not eating enough throughout the day, a salad roll at lunch is terrible (calorie wise) get more food in.
3. While you are at it read of the supplement posts in the forums and on the web. You will find most supplements are not needed and that a protein shake with some carbs is good enough. If you want to supplement anything get health supplements that are actually worth the dollars you have spending.\
4. Reread step one and makes sure you do it.
5. Reread step one and makes sure you do it.
6. I think you get what is important by now.

i haven't bought it yet, an error occurred as i was checking out. The reason I didn't research was because a friend helped me get the items and I'd ask him for help, but he isn't a GREAT friend and I feel as though I may be starting to annoy him. So that's why I came here. He gave me a general idea, but when to take and when to not was very vague for me.
Sorry to have bothered you all..

Cody it takes a bit of time to get used to the jist of things on here, but this site has everything you need you just gotta dig deep, try typing what you want in the "search bar"

And in response to your question, If you want to look good for the ladies this summer do HIIT every one or two days. But if your skinny and need muscle mass then checkout out Fadi or PTC's beginner programs.

Ohh and eat a s***load :)