• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

conditioning

who is more conditioned?

• bodybiulder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lifting hobbyist

• powerlifter

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • olympic lifter

• cross fitter

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
Being able to run 10km would be useful in more situations than being able to deadlift 300.

Lol at being able to kill a kangaroo with a rock.

Fitness is specific. Want to be good at something you gotta do it

Being able to run 10km would be useful in more situations than being able to deadlift 300.

Lol at being able to kill a kangaroo with a rock.

Fitness is specific. Want to be good at something you gotta do it

Yeah, it certainly is specific.

i think a bloke that does some serious lifting should be able to jog 10km

Running is pretty useful, so is deadlifting
You may not fully test it in real life, but it makes the little things easier

I reckon I could jog 10km personally.

I jogged basically all of tough mudder. And that is ALOT harder than just jogging 10km.

But my mind pulls the pin long before my body when it comes to jogging any kind of distance. :p

Ran a 5km fun run with my sis a few months ago too. No issue. Was having to motivate her the whole way...and she trained for it hehe.

Tim.

silverback, if we take out crossfit, I would say general bb.

As I have trained mostly with moderate weights (60-70% of max) and short rests (1max), I have retained reasonable fitness. I can quickly get back into endurance work if I have taken a break from such exercises.

But again, depends on exercise used. Wearing pulse monitor, some exercises, such as squats and step ups, get my pulse to 160-170 with some time before pulse returns to 120, yet many exercises hardly get my pulse above 120.

Running useful? It's about as useful as deadlifts. When was the last time you had to pick up something over 25kgs to mid thigh other than in the gym?

Um. Lemme see. Do I ever bend over and pick something up but not push it above my head. Um. Hmmmmm. Lemme see. Lemme see. Ah.

Yes.

Every day. My equipment cases that I put into the car every day get picked up and lifted to waist height. A couple of those would be over 20kg, maybe 30kg. I pick up groceries (ok, not 25kg but still a weight that some would complain about. A bag with 3 big chickens plus half a sheep is no laughing matter. Drool.), putting the lawn mower into the boot of the car, putting the old dog in the back of the ute, damn near everything I need to pick up off the ground gets deadlifted.

How many times a day do I have to run 10km? Never. 100m? Almost never. 10m? Maybe if there is a promise of food or sex at the end.

When you think about it, we get very little activity in an average western lifestyle. I'm ruling out entertainment, such as sports and recreation here. Even farmers use bikes or utes or tractors to get around. Maybe firefighters need it now and then, police need to be able to cope with running on occasion. Plumbers? Ha! Brickies? Not on your life. We are a pretty sedentary bunch.

If I had a choice of being able to run 10km, or a marathon, or being strong enough to pick up my woman and carry her to safety, I would pick being strong any day.

Gotta tell you this story. It got me going to the gym when I first started. I'm at the Big Day Out and its hot as hell. So I go over to the water taps to fill my bottle and they are against a fence, behind which you have an enclosed area where you can have alcohol. There are a line of toilets nearby and the ground is wet and muddy all around from the taps and toilets and such. So a skinny guy with a nice looking girl are standing near me on the other side of the fence when the heat, booze and ecstasy kick in and the girl passes out, flop, right on the ground in the mud and squelch and shit. He doesn't even try to catch her and just stands there all whiney and weepy until the paramedics rush up. She's OK, but I could not help but realise what a total waste of penis that shithead was. All eager to go the beaver but had absolutely no "manly" characteristics about him. Could not even drag her out of the shit.

So, if you can't pick up your woman and take her to safety, you may as well just take some scissors and snip off your nuts cos you aint gonna need them. Then run 10km for help.

Last edited:
Trick question - the crossfitter until such time as they are crushed by a barbell while performing a stupid number of reps with poor form.

Voted power lifter, the troll is strong in this thread.

The truth is both ends on the spectrum are as useless as the other in day to day life.

You want a decent amount of strength and endurance.

So, if you can't pick up your woman and take her to safety, you may as well just take some scissors and snip off your nuts cos you aint gonna need them. Then run 10km for help.

So you might be able to pick her up out of the mud, but how far will you be able to carry her to safety? No good just picking her up and standing there...

This is another reason I've started Crossfit again, because I think you need a balance. Getting strong is good but not being able to climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath isn't.

My sister does crossfit 3x a week, runs 10-15kms like it ain't no thing on a regular basis with other crossfitters (guys and girls) when they don't do crossfit. I'd put my vote for them.
Most bb's usually do the long walk at high incline type cardio or HIIT not interested in endurance stuff.