• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Conditioning for MMA

Caged

I am about to head of Overseas for a few weeks, I know my diet and training is going to take a battering. So I’m trying to setup a conditioning program for when i return. This is going to be aimed at Muscle Endurance and power not outright strength. I am thinking something like this.

Warm Up:

5min Skipping

Kettle Bell Complexes : 20kg KB (If 1 handed Exercise its each hand)
10 RDL
10 Swings
10 Cannon Balls
10 Snatches
10 Turkish Getups

All of this 3times

Then the Weights

5*8 Squats
5*3 power Cleans
5*5 Bench
10 Chin ups
10 * 30kg Keg Overhead - Water Filled to make it unstable
50kg Tire Flips for 50m

then 10min on the Exercise Bike as a cool down followed by stretching.

What’s everyone’s thought on this. Like i said this is to build endurance and to Condition before i start training MMA seriously. Is this too much?

Thanks Dave

those complexes seem too short and easy if you are a fighter.... the KB complexes I do are much harder and longer then that and I train for stregth.... Id think u need to do a bit more if its for condtioning.

When i was doing kb's for boxing i was doing 3 min rounds with 30 seconds rest, using 1arm cp's, swings, thrusters, cannon balls. Each for 10 reps aiming to improve rep count each session.
Although imo you can't substitute time in the ring, 3 Min rounds with your oppoaition changing every 1-2 rounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

try this stuff [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMvgQdl3sFk]YouTube - Strength and Conditioning Workout video by Mike Saffaie[/ame]