• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Completely New

8925skak

Allrite, ive always wanted to be strong for sports and too protect myself in the school yard :)..

Ok Im goin gto need some help from people with experience, I dont know any bodybuilding words so i will need easy to understand explinations.

Ok Im 15 years old, fairly muscular but have only started weights training after my school holidays. I need to know what weight to lift for arm muscles (at the moment I have 5kgs 3kgs and 1kg weights). I am also looking for some abdominal excersizes untill i get my abb king back from a friend.

I am looking for a more toned body ready for the upcoming AFL season, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Any info on what to eat and good workouts for my age will be usefull, maybe someone could suggest a weekly workout schedule. at the moment I have football training once a week, and tenniss and training once a week. so I allready have 2-3 1 hour cardio i think its called.

What I need are good muscle workouts for arms shoulders chest, lookin for more tonned abbs, maybe 15-30mins hard workout for after school. Also some simple diet advice would be good, e.g. eat weetbix for breakfast drink after or before workouts or any thing like that..

Any good info for my age is greatly appreciated, looking foward to excersizing more and feeling alive.

P.S. Im not into any supplements till im a bit older, but maybe a good shake recipe would be good, we made some with eggs oranges and weetgerm in home ec.

Look foward to learning more, peace.

All you need to do these exercises is some dumb-bells. Make sure you rest between each workout. If you wanted to do these as super sets that would be good. Im sure someone else will provide better advice only listen to me if noone else responds :p

Day 1 (Chest/Back/Abs):
Push Ups (against the wall if you cannot do them in the floor yet)
3 sets x10-12 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
3 sets x10-12 reps
Crunches
3 sets x25-40 reps

Day 2 (Delts/Biceps/Triceps):
Dumbbell Upright Rows
3 sets x10-12 reps
Dumbbell Curls
3 sets x10-12 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions
3 sets x10-12 reps

Day 3 (Thighs/Hamstrings/Calves):
Squats
3 sets x10-12 reps
Stiff Legged Deadlifts
3 sets x10-12 reps
One Leg Calf Raises
3 sets x10-12 reps

Last edited:
Just enjoy being 15.

Until you get older and your body responds and develops more it's not worth it.

Just do body weights. Pushups, Situps, Squats, Lunges etc. No weight added, just natural body resistance.

Swim too, that will work wonders.

I still dont agree. The sooner you get into weights the better. As i said before you would need to be freaking huge to have muscle distorting bone structure and its just not going to happen unless u r some steroid freak kid. If you wanna lift then lift as long as its safe.

You guys make lifting weights seem like a hard job that needs to be done when you get older. Personally I like lifting weights and if anyone asks me if they should no matter the age id say yeah its fun do it. Maybe not fun but i def like it.

Yeh i really dont want to do any damage, im sorta thinking more, healthy eating, body weight excersizes... But for arms weights 5kg and under should be ok right???

thanks for your help kindred but Stiff Legged Deadlifts
3 sets x10-12 reps
One Leg Calf Raises
3 sets x10-12 reps

I dont know what either of these are... and most of others, anyone know a website or something...

and at what age can you get serious about body building.. ive heard its arround 16?

thanks for everyones help :)

I'm with kindred, I think 15 is old enough to hit the weights. No need for supps (just a decent diet).

Dont forget to drink lots of water, ALL day, befor, during and after exercise. And not just on exercise days, every day.

Google the exercises kindred mentioned.. erx.com (i think it is) is a good site.

Search this forum for shake recipes.

Good luck.

Alrite thanks a bunch, will start kindreds day 1 tommorow.. and as for stunting growth has this happened to anyone, and has anyone been training since they were 15?

You mentioned that you play AFL. Have you spoken with your coach? Its important that AFL players don't add too much muscle mass, so best to stick with body weight exercises for now, including plyometrics (have a look on line- a lot of good plyometrics workouts). These will give you functional fitness and explosive strength which will really help your game.

I don't think he's going to put on enough mass for it to be a concern. A lot of AFL players are heavily muscled but have very low body fat, that's what he should be aiming for but at 15 that's still a few years away