• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compare, Contrast & Analyse with Dartfish

PowerBuilder

Gosh i'm good to you fellas.

I'm looking into video analysis software. I came across this vid. The company who made the software is called Dartfish. Sure the software wont make you a better lifter...it'll give you a pretty good insight into what you need to do to get there though!!

Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]UqOtZHSt_oU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I've used a lot of software like this. It is good for studying angles and speeds during lifts but real world practicality is limited. You can use it to show where a lifter is going wrong and how the angles should look but really you can do that with normal video comparison on a phone.

Basically it is cool for research to help understand joint angles, speed of a joint, heights moved etc but unless you are an AIS lifter the cost and time to benefit ratio is a bit out. I used silicon coach (similar program) for a research project on vertical jumping techniques. Also have used other more advanced software for gait analysis but that included much more expensive equipment (3 cameras and force plates).
Posted via Mobile Device

I was first introduced to this software at the 2005 ASC National Conference in Sydney. I couldn't afford it then and I cant afford it now and have had to put up with using various cameras, hand held and phone aps since then. I've used cameras when coaching OL, PL, Gymnastics, Track and Field and Football.

It depends on the lifter to an extent on how much they can get out of it and how well the coach uses it, some people are not really visual learners, they cant turn the visual data into physical action, they need better repping of lifting components and transfers between static points of movement. Its pretty rare however that someone watching themselves perform a movement cant get something out of it. The analysis software is a luxury no doubt and a coach could really get some benefit out of using it.

Very right Pete. The way a lifter learns will determine the usefulness to an extent of the software
Posted via Mobile Device

I cant afford this stuff either, so I used a smaller computer to see if my lifters were improving.

I total up the weights on the bar, including the bar, then I put the numbers into my small computer, lets call it a calculator, and see if the number is greater than it was last month.

Casio make a very good and affordable version of these. Some freaks can do this in there head.

Now dont get all shitty, I'm just f u c k i n with ya

I cant afford this stuff either, so I used a smaller computer to see if my lifters were improving.

I total up the weights on the bar, including the bar, then I put the numbers into my small computer, lets call it a calculator, and see if the number is greater than it was last month.

Casio make a very good and affordable version of these. Some freaks can do this in there head.

Now dont get all shitty, I'm just f u c k i n with ya

LOL

Characters.

It seems the Olympic lifts really get this finicky and technical. I was just today talking to a member of an Olympic lifting club.

He said, "I might be there for two hours, and the coach will say just two things to me. And if I ask, where did I go wrong, why aren't you saying anything? he'll reply, there are so many things wrong, I don't know where to start. Then I'm finished and I go home."
"Well that must be useful," I replied.
"Hey it takes years."
"I believe you."

I think I prefer squats, much simpler.

As long as you have lots of fast twitch fibers, very good joint flexibilty and lots of time, you can enjoy OL.

Its not for the recreational guy. Check out PB's vid of his cleans. He's been at an OL club for awhile, cleans like the average guy at a gym.

I think the OL are wonderful, but very few can reap the full spectrum of rewards.

Guys like Fadi are extremely rare, I'm sure some of you have no idea how gifted he is to have achieved what he has.

In a population of 21 million, we couldnt get one qualified to lift at the 2010 World Championships.

Think about that.

As long as you have lots of fast twitch fibers, very good joint flexibilty and lots of time, you can enjoy OL.

Its not for the recreational guy. Check out PB's vid of his cleans. He's been at an OL club for awhile, cleans like the average guy at a gym.

I think the OL are wonderful, but very few can reap the full spectrum of rewards.

Guys like Fadi are extremely rare, I'm sure some of you have no idea how gifted he is to have achieved what he has.

In a population of 21 million, we couldnt get one qualified to lift at the 2010 World Championships.

Think about that.

your constant digging in the boot never goes unnoticed

Stop taking yourself so seriously.

Read some of your threads once in a while and have a chuckle Pete.

Your a funny guy.

I can hook you up at Office Works if you want a Casio

You have PTC hoodies, you should have PTC calculators, too. A little logo next to the solar panel thingy.