• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Comm Games (Delhi) Weightlifting

Watched the womens 75kg+ the other night. The 123kg Samoan girl destroyed the competition. She opened with 150 in the C&J which was more than anyone elses final lift. Pulled 160 then let a 165 go which she should have made. Aussie girl came third or fourth I think. Bit off the world record of 186 but still shows the potential of some of the island girls.

I watched around 95% of all the lifting.

the most disappointing session was the 105kg men.

The biggest clean & jerk was 191kg. I cant believe no one could C&J 200kg in the 105's.

At the Worlds they have 77kg lifters putting 210kg overhead.

That session was extremely poor.

At this years Worlds, in the 69kg class, Hui Liao C&J 198kg

The Samoan girl making a 160kg jerk was awesome

Its incredible the gap between Commonwealth lifters and the rest of the world

I watched around 95% of all the lifting.

the most disappointing session was the 105kg men.

The biggest clean & jerk was 191kg. I cant believe no one could C&J 200kg in the 105's.

At the Worlds they have 77kg lifters putting 210kg overhead.

That session was extremely poor.

At this years Worlds, in the 69kg class, Hui Liao C&J 198kg

The Samoan girl making a 160kg jerk was awesome

Its incredible the gap between Commonwealth lifters and the rest of the world

KELLY C&J 221, which was a games record in 105.

Obviously you werent paying attention, as he was lifting in the 105+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++kg section, which is why he weighed around 140kg from memory, and only lifted 45kg under the WR

Anything else I can help you with Josh?

For the record, his winning total wouldve had the Gold Medalist from the CG in 13th place at the recent Worlds, and possibly lifting in the B Group

His total was enough to beat men weighing 84kg at the recent Worlds, only 60kg lighter than him

He is an excellent lifter, better than his competitors at the CG, but we are so far behind the rest of the world its not funny.

Is that a serious question or are you being a smart ass.

How about the country they live in isnt part of the Commonwealth.

You did notice its called the Commonwealth Games, right?

No Russia, Poland, China, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, USA