• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clean and Overhead Forum List

I was thinking of doing about 4 weeks at 60% of jerks just to get feel and technique right, before upping percentage again.

Push presses I can do ok, quite basic.
If you ask for my opinion, I would say no. No 60% work just yet, ..I'd go 40% and I would do 5x5. If you wish to increase the percentages, I have no problem with that, ..even a percentage of 100%+,...but not for jerks, but for jerk dips instead. Again, 5x5 to get that neuromuscular drilling and memory happening.

Aim also for broomstick work where you focus on the proper stance of your split. Here we'll do around 30 reps with just the broomstick and aim for absolute perfection.

I re examined that clean/power clean again, and I find your over the bar positioning is way too high before you initiate the lift. You would need to keep your back side way down and let your glutes and quads (instead of your lower back) do all the work.

Fadi.

Last edited: