• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Circulation booster?

pumpiniron

Hey guys i have borrowed my parents circulation booster, it comes with electric pads you can attach to any part of your body. With my lower back injury, do you think it could be handy? Has anyone on here used it?

Hey guys i have borrowed my parents circulation booster, it comes with electric pads you can attach to any part of your body. With my lower back injury, do you think it could be handy? Has anyone on here used it?

Can't see it doing anything.

Can't see it doing anything.

How so?

It worked by contracting the muscle basically gets lymphatic system moving in the area and also blood flow to the area.

Alot of physios use them as does my inlaws who have obility issues other health ailments re: circulation.

If you have ever used one you would see that it can literally contract so hard your feet leave the platform.

I attached the pads to my chest and put it up to 50 HOLY FUCK, i ripped them off immediately, it felt like i had been shocked with a tazer lol.

How so?

It worked by contracting the muscle basically gets lymphatic system moving in the area and also blood flow to the area.

Alot of physios use them as does my inlaws who have obility issues other health ailments re: circulation.

If you have ever used one you would see that it can literally contract so hard your feet leave the platform.

Different to what I was thinking about. The ones that contract your muscles. Yes they work, I have had physios used them before on some footy injuries and yes you can crank them right up.

What I was thinking of was the ones that have sticky pads that don't contract any muscle. Just a very small electrical current is supposed to increase the blood circulation of the area. They sell them on some TV infomercials.

I think the best way to circulate blood through the muscle, is to actually use the said muscle.
IMO resistance is the only way to ensure full extension and contraction of the bastard.

Of course if the injury is severe, then rest is or immobilizing is the first priority.
But it's most important to start work on the muscle ASAP.

Different to what I was thinking about. The ones that contract your muscles. Yes they work, I have had physios used them before on some footy injuries and yes you can crank them right up.

What I was thinking of was the ones that have sticky pads that don't contract any muscle. Just a very small electrical current is supposed to increase the blood circulation of the area. They sell them on some TV infomercials.

Im not sure about the infomertial ones. This one was a few hundred dollars it also has the accessory pads that can be used and i use them on my rotator.. I have seen some "circulation boosters" that simply vibrate. Totally different and probably what you are thinking of as thats what i thought it was at first.

This one throws alot through it & causes severe contraction if setting is too high.