• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chinups vs. pullups

S

stratco

What is the difference between chinups and pullups? Other than pullups are meant to be "harder".

The only thing that i know is that are meant to work the same muscles, but at difference proportions

Which muscles get worked hardest with each one?

using both can be very benificial.lats will be worked the hardest no matter. Chinups hit the biceps a bit more, though. There is, however, an ever lasting debate about which one is best for back development.

Pull ups are a major feature in fitness tests for military and people in the emergency services. If you checkout Crossfit you will see a number of circuits which include these. I understand a Pull up to be closer in grip and more an underhand grip as opposed to Chin ups which have an overhand grip. I would have thought Chin ups worked your back more. Variations in grips such as wide grip and narrow grip for chin ups, speed of movement all player a major factor. The difference is not a major issue, it targets your back very effectively if performed correctly. They are what I call a highly functional form of training. They also can bring you done to earth if you are carrying too much bulk.