• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Check my benching form?

i just started SS so the weight is low. Want to make sure technique is right early on.

Yeah that looks to easy to critique. Try a heavier weight and take a video.

Last edited:
I can see from the first video you're rolling around the bench at lock out. It could be a number of things but I would first suggest getting your feet wider to create a stronger base to work from.

Also while you made a good call starting with light weights, the above comments are valid. Find a weight that is heavy but you can still hold a solid set up.

just a few dot points that i observed;

- try to position your feet so that they are more under hips
- move your body further down the bench and push the bar back towards your eyes, rather then straight up
- widen your grip
- squeeze your shoulder blades together and maintain this position throughout the lift

hope this helps

blue go to the front page and study the article SO YOU THINK YOU CAN BENCH thats the best bench training article i have seen for a long time its most important that you get your form right watch it ,train watch it again repate this untill you are benching as per vido dont worry about big loads get your form right first ,that might take some time but you have to get it right first good luck