• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

'Cheat Day'

N-J-T

I have heard that once every 2 weeks it is good to have a cheat day and eat like crazy and that will help you build muscle, I usually have about 2800 Calories at a ratio of about 40P/45C/15F.
What would be a good amount of calories to eat on my cheat day? (noting that i usually have around 2800 Cal per day).

PS. Is their a good ratio of Prot, Carbs and Fat to have or doesn't it matter?

( I'm looking forward to my cheat day :D )

2 meals a week is better then a whole day..

I could eat a whole fucking load of shit in 1 day...

2 meals with some rules alows u to look forward to them and no be so bad.

But judging from your avatar you need cheat weeks and more calories.

2 meals a week is better then a whole day..

I could eat a whole fucking load of shit in 1 day...

2 meals with some rules alows u to look forward to them and no be so bad.

But judging from your avatar you need cheat weeks and more calories.

What are these rules around cheat days? Maybe you could could start a thread about cheat day rules. Perhaps a sticky thread. I'm sure its a question that pops up now and again.

What are these rules around cheat days? Maybe you could could start a thread about cheat day rules. Perhaps a sticky thread. I'm sure its a question that pops up now and again.

Just common sense ones really..

Cheat day does not = 40 beers , 5 plates nachos, 1 bag of suger, 2L of coke and a soy latte.

Just common sense ones really..

Cheat day does not = 40 beers , 5 plates nachos, 1 bag of suger, 2L of coke and a soy latte.

Of course common sense. +1 to that. I always maintain that 2 meals a week can be cheat meals but within limits.

Everyday is a cheat day, hahahaha.

Steak and chips and beer is about as bad as I get. Not into going crazy at KFC or eating loads of chocolate, nothing like that.

By all means have a cheat meal, but not a cheat day.

What do you class as a cheat day?
having more calories than every other day or eating meals that are high in fat / sugar, ir junk food?

If you are simply having a cheat day to increase cals then eat the same but more of it. If you are having a cheat day because you want to eat junk, then limit it to once per week and do not go bezerk. Like Bazza said, you can undo 2 weeks worth of dieting in one day.

I think most have cheat meals to satisfy their cravings.

Layne Norton recommends zero cheating.. LOL

Eat whatever the fuck you want man. You're not going to get 'fat' any time soon. Just make sure there's heaps of protein. Grow grow grow grow grow grow grow.

I think your forgetting the point of a cheat meal. You train hard so you deserve to have that extra piece of cheese cake, or that sundae, your not supposed to think about getting your macros in a cheat meal LOL. There are no rules. Have a whole pizza, it wont kill you. If you get the basics right 90 percent of the time, then the other 10 percent isnt going to make that much of a difference.

Last edited:
By all means have a cheat meal, but not a cheat day.

What do you class as a cheat day?
having more calories than every other day or eating meals that are high in fat / sugar, ir junk food?

If you are simply having a cheat day to increase cals then eat the same but more of it. If you are having a cheat day because you want to eat junk, then limit it to once per week and do not go bezerk. Like Bazza said, you can undo 2 weeks worth of dieting in one day.

I think most have cheat meals to satisfy their cravings.

Layne Norton recommends zero cheating.. LOL
I didnt mean a cheat day because i enjoy eating junk i was more referring to it as i thought it was good to do so (as said in your 20 Tips to Mass Gains)

N-J-T.
Your body may respond well to a cheat day, as said in the Mass thread, the increased calories spike insulin levels. While this is good for mas gain it also increases fat. That's fine if your skinny and desire mass, it's not for everyone. I am very insulin sensitive and gain fat very easily so I avoid (try to) spiking my insulin levels too high.

Try it, you may respond well.

N-J-T.
Your body may respond well to a cheat day, as said in the Mass thread, the increased calories spike insulin levels. While this is good for mas gain it also increases fat. That's fine if your skinny and desire mass, it's not for everyone. I am very insulin sensitive and gain fat very easily so I avoid (try to) spiking my insulin levels too high.

Try it, you may respond well.
I'm not really looking to gain to much fat so i think i will give it a miss.
I will just keep doing what i am doing and hopefully 2800 cal a day is a good amount for me to build muscle with out putting on a ton of fat

Don't have cheat day. Thats just bro science. Oh it will spiek your meatabilism broz

I'm not really looking to gain to much fat so i think i will give it a miss.
I will just keep doing what i am doing and hopefully 2800 cal a day is a good amount for me to build muscle with out putting on a ton of fat

Jeez if you have worked out your daily calories to be 2800 to gain weight, you must be skinny. The best diet for you is the see-food-and-eat-it diet. Keep it clean, and you will grow, add some milk for extra swoleness!!!

Every Sunday I eat what ever I feel like. All day. And don't do anything more than some shopping, washing and ironing for the week. It's my day off.

Common Sunday food:
Oatmeal Pancakes w/ honey/choc topping etc.
Burgers
Yiros
Homer Hudson Icecream - whole 500ml tub.
Pide
Epic Smoothie/Thickshake.

As I said in your other thread, just eat your protein, eat your carbs get atleast 50g~ of fat a day, train hard and watch yourself grow.