• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

cheap protein bars

I haven't minded mine so far, got through half a box so far.

Picked a bunch of HPLC bars for cheap off grocery run the other day, some of those I don't mind at all.

I'd agree with this review. Ok, but not great. And also agree that the Titan bars are great.

Question though, are these things even any good for you? These 'soy crisps' or whatever they are. They seem to use them in a lot of bars, because obviously they are high protein and presumably cheap. But this bar is comprised ENTIRELY of them, pretty much a rice crisp bar as noted above.

I prefer the bars that are a thick sludge / paste, at least they don't use as much soy protein.

I dunno whether it's any good for you but these things are giving me some fucking rank farts. Be careful it's not safe to snap off any sneaky farts if people are around.

I dunno whether it's any good for you but these things are giving me some fucking rank farts. Be careful it's not safe to snap off any sneaky farts if people are around.

Yup, protein bars will do that to ya.

Even though they are dirt cheap, I"m kinda regretting buying them. I think my protein shakes are far healthier.

I don't know, I just don't think these soy crisp things are any good for you. They look good on paper (i.e. protein, carbs, fat), but I just get the impression that they are complete rubbish.

Yup, protein bars will do that to ya.

Even though they are dirt cheap, I"m kinda regretting buying them. I think my protein shakes are far healthier.

I don't know, I just don't think these soy crisp things are any good for you. They look good on paper (i.e. protein, carbs, fat), but I just get the impression that they are complete rubbish.

I've heard and this could be complete broscience that soy protein cause elevated levels of estrogen in the body.

Apparently if vegans eat to much they get man boobs.

I've heard and this could be complete broscience that soy protein cause elevated levels of estrogen in the body.

Apparently if vegans eat to much they get man boobs.

Yeah same.

Also, I just bought some tins of tuna off Grocery Run and turns out they are in extra virgin olive oil AND soybean oil

:(

Yeah same.

Also, I just bought some tins of tuna off Grocery Run and turns out they are in extra virgin olive oil AND soybean oil

:(

Get what you pay for I guess. Still for taste I rate the soy bars normally totally hate the normal 'sludge' protein bars, will let you know if I get any side effects like man boobs or start menstruating.

Get what you pay for I guess. Still for taste I rate the soy bars normally totally hate the normal 'sludge' protein bars, will let you know if I get any side effects like man boobs or start menstruating.

Totally agree, also prefer the taste of the soy ones, although they are probably rubbish.

That would be good, I don't want to attract any bears.