• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap chicken breasts

Riddles

I'm in Brisbane and having trouble finding cheap breasts. Local supermarket is typically around 12 dollars / kg. Super butcher is actually a dollar or so more expensive. I hear stories of people picking them up for 8 dollars or so. It's only a few dollars difference but I do eat a lot of them. So it adds up.

Any recommendations?

I'm in Brisbane and having trouble finding cheap breasts. Local supermarket is typically around 12 dollars / kg. Super butcher is actually a dollar or so more expensive. I hear stories of people picking them up for 8 dollars or so. It's only a few dollars difference but I do eat a lot of them. So it adds up.

Any recommendations?

Get on the super butcher mailing list for the bargains. Pattons can be cheap but wouldn't get my steak there.

I know this doesn't help but maybe you might be able to find similar in Brisbane.

There is a steggles factory outlet here in perth on Howe st osborne park. It's for steggles chicken but the company is called baiada now.

They sell everything in 2kg bags (it's always more than 2kg when I've weighed it). Drums $5 for 2kg, thighs $7 for 2kg, breast pieces $13-$15.

I bought 20kg of various stuff the other day for $60 odd

Leonard's was $7 a kg, but it went up, now it's about $10, though it seems veiny...

Make friends with your local butcher!!!

I know this doesn't help but maybe you might be able to find similar in Brisbane.

There is a steggles factory outlet here in perth on Howe st osborne park. It's for steggles chicken but the company is called baiada now.

They sell everything in 2kg bags (it's always more than 2kg when I've weighed it). Drums $5 for 2kg, thighs $7 for 2kg, breast pieces $13-$15.

Baiada Poultry

Maybe these guys are similar, it says a factory in Brisbane, I'm too tired to search for prices now though

Is it just me or has the price of chicken raised dramatically in the last 12 months? I go to our local market every fortnight. I was paying $14 for 2kgs 12 months ago, now I am lucky to get them for $16 for 2kg's at the market. Butchers and poultry shops are more expensive again. Why the large rise in price?

Is it just me or has the price of chicken raised dramatically in the last 12 months? I go to our local market every fortnight. I was paying $14 for 2kgs 12 months ago, now I am lucky to get them for $16 for 2kg's at the market. Butchers and poultry shops are more expensive again. Why the large rise in price?

Grain price increase. Eggs have also gone up. But it's a fair bet the middle man is taking most of the price rise and not much is getting back to the producer.

Grain price increase. Eggs have also gone up. But it's a fair bet the middle man is taking most of the price rise and not much is getting back to the producer.

I noticed that eggs have gone up ever since coles and i think Woolies stopped selling their "home Brand" eggs in favour of "Cage Free" eggs or somebullshit like that...

Can anyone who has been subscribing to the super butcher specials comment on how often chicken breasts or even thighs are on special. I've only been subscribed this year and only seen wings and drums on special chicken wise so far.

Not quite related, but the Pattons seems to be the only place I can find proper grass fed beef that isn't ridiculously expensive.

Everywhere else is grain finished which totally defeats the purpose.

I noticed that eggs have gone up ever since coles and i think Woolies stopped selling their "home Brand" eggs in favour of "Cage Free" eggs or somebullshit like that...

Woolies still have their home brand eggs at least here in Perth. But I usually get a local carton of eggs (Swan Valley something) that are stocked here in Woolies, 30 pack for $7. I can't be fucked paying that much more for free range.

Damn that's pretty cheap. Will have to check it out.

Can anyone who has been subscribing to the super butcher specials comment on how often chicken breasts or even thighs are on special. I've only been subscribed this year and only seen wings and drums on special chicken wise so far.

Usually once every 2 months if not more often

Damn that's pretty cheap. Will have to check it out.

Yeah it is really good. You might get the odd broken leg here or there, and the sizes aren't very consistent, but it is great value. They also have a bunch of frozen stuff like nuggets and breasts etc. Also got some prepared stuff like peri peri chicken and mexican style half bird.