• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Champion power athletes

spartacus

Who do your rate as a great power athlete?

I reckon Calvin Johnson, one of the great wide receivers of NFL, is up there.

196cm, 107kg.

4.35 40y, 11 ft 7 in (3.53 m) broad jump, and 10.23 100m.

And he can play one of the most athletic positions in the NFL, holding the all-time year reception yardage record (2013).

Last edited:

196cm, 107kg.

And he can play one of the most athletic positions in the NFL, holding the all-time year reception yardage record (2013).

How would you rate Dick Butkus to Johnson?

I mean, this bloke was just ruthless.

hard to line up different eras and positions, but dick was competing against much smaller opponents than today. (I had to look him up).

Calvin is almost as heavy as him, and his athletic power is only something dick could probably dream about.

CJ has the build and power, including speed, to excel at a lot of sports.

Just measure out 3.6m; that is how far he can jump from a starting position and land still on his feet without falling away.

196cm, 107kg.

Those stats are as impressive as hell!!

Jonah Lomu - ex-All Blacks Winger -

196cm
120kg
100m - 10.8

- Talking of American Footbal - Lomu was offered a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:
yes, Lomu was a power machine at his best.

never seen a more awesome attacking rugby player in his prime.

Vernon Davis, tight end for San Francisco 49ers another one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Davis

191cm, 113kg, pretty lean
4.38 40y, 42 inch vertical, 33 reps on 225 pounds bench.

The NFL has so many power freaks, what about Australia?

Last edited:
Israel Folau & Greg Inglis go well, but not in the realm of Lomu & some of the NFL guys unfortunately!!

yes, Lomu was a power machine at his best.

never seen a more awesome attacking rugby player in his prime.

Vernon Davis, tight end for San Francisco 49ers another one.

Vernon Davis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

191cm, 113kg, pretty lean
4.38 40y, 42 inch vertical, 33 reps on 225 pounds bench.

The NFL has so many power freaks, what about Australia?

The sad thing is for Australia and alot of countries is we really just focus on natural talent to play a sport i.e rugby, league etc - and really developing around that.

With NFL they will take a good athlete and create a great athlete (of course natural talent always plays a part) - If we could take some of the NFL's development systems/programs and introduce them into Highschools/colleges/professional sport in Australia we would have alot more world class athletes...

Jerome Simpson purely because he front flipped over a guy to score a touch down

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

196cm, 107kg.

Megatron (Johnson) is an absolute freak.
The NFL guys really do take explosive power to new limits.

Adrian Peterson has speed, power and agility to burn. 6 foot 1, 98kg with a 4.3 second 40 yard dash. The guy is as fleet footed as they come, but can bust runs straight through the defensive line when necessary.

The athleticism shown by NBA players baffles me. Watching guys of that size, with that coordination and power is amazing!

I laugh when people write off basketball as a soft non contact sport. Anyone wanna volunteer to stand in the lane when Lebron or Carmelo are coming flat out at you ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

jack gill is a amazing, previous clip two years ago, but then he was 16 years old power cleaning 170kg and bench pressing (close grip no pause) 192kg.

I thought sav rocca was a freak when 16 at my athletic club, but this guy is well beyond him.

Last edited: