• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cardio While bulking?

If you get real big muscularly but also get lots of fat it is going to be worse for you in the long run.

Posted via Mobile Device

can you explain why this is please?

Is it because of having too much body fat and needing to cut lots more?

Yes that is it. You have to spend more time losing fat and when you do this you will lose muscle too. Some pro bodybuilders go and do this, but they have roids to keep the muscle (they will still lose a fair bit though).

So basically the longer you are in a negative calorie state the more muscle you will lose. That is why you should gradually go up in weight while trying to limit fat gain. Plus losing fat is a bitch you want to only have to lose the least amount as possible.

Hey guys,

Back to posting again lol. Sorry about the numerous threads but i have searched this on google and come to alot of different conclusions.

So here it is, i am bulking 3 days during the week on weights. Wanted to know if say i did a cardio day on sunday or saturday of HIIT or regular cardio, would there be any benefit, would it help to slow down fat gain or anything of that nature?

Cheers

Yes i believe so, i prefer to do about 20mins of powerwalking after each of my weight sessions. It helps keep excess fat at bay when going through a build up stage.

Yes i believe so, i prefer to do about 20mins of powerwalking after each of my weight sessions. It helps keep excess fat at bay when going through a build up stage.

Do you eat before your walk/after your workout or just power walk straight away?