• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
FFS, this keeps going around in circles, YES BEING IN CALORIE DEFICIT NO MATTER WHAT YOU EAT WILL HAVE YOU LOSING WEIGHT IT IS JUST COMMON SENSE:cool:

You can eat tim tams as long as you stay in deficit you will lose weight it is just plain old common sense, which should these days be called rare sense as no one seems to have it.

But will a diet of tim tams be sustainable, will you be feeling full all day, will be pulling maximum lifts and gains in the gym, will your body be healthy.....my guess would be NO.

This thread is just painful, how can anyone argue that eating healthy proper whole foods rather than refined carbs is better for you and will be easier to maintain a healthy weight:confused::confused:

It's got me stuffed, I won't look at this thread again its just too frustrating...it is a PROVEN FACT (not guess work) that refined carbs spike insulin levels unnecessarily, causing people to retain fat, more fat than they otherwise would it's science, carbs will also retain water in your body making you look more bloated.

And YES if you are in calorie deficit you can and will still lose weight eating carbs, but you will not be as healthy and probably won't feel as satisfied during the day with insulin spikes and cravings.

Mick where the fuck has anyone said anything about eating a diet of only Tim tams. Fucking no one. You are trying to make your point by arguing something ridiculous that no one is even saying.

I would never say a diet of only Tim tams is healthy just like I wouldn't say a diet of only apples is healthy.

Mick you are trying to say carbs are not healthy and its proven. Well prove it then. Carbs spike insulin. So fucking what so can protein. Again prove that spiking insulin is a problem for normal people. You can spike insulin without gaining fat.

For a food to be healthy it depends on the person and the overall diet you can't just lump foods into good or bad for everyone. What's is good for one person may not be good for someone else.

It's pretty simple really...

* Insulin secretion is most sensitive to carbohydrate ingestion (Vs other macronutrients).
* Insulin can pretty much be considered an anabolic hormone.

If you dispute these facts, you are wrong.

If you eat a high carb diet, and don't engage in sufficient physical activity, you will be fat.
Eat carbs all you want- if you're active enough, it's a non-issue.

The problem is that the vast majority of society these days is not sufficiently active.

Last edited:
Do kids get hyper from eating fruit? Legit question.i don't have kids.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

there is no evidence to suggest kids get hyper from eating fruit. It wouldn't make sense. as per earlier post, the sugar in fruit comes packaged with fibre, and a whole bunch of other stuff. the absorption and processing of it by the body is a little different compared with concentrated sugars.

The jury is out on the links between sugar and hyperactivity. If a kid has too much sugar, it might cause a slight rush of energy but would be followed by a slump once blood sugar levels drop. nothing bizarro about that but probably not true hyperactivity. Links with food colourings is also inconclusive.

Frankly, I'd be more concerned with what it's doing to a kid's teeth???? :eek:

Never noticed it from eating fruit, and my kids eat quite a lot of fruit.

I have 3 kids and I can only speak for mine but sugar hypes them and has done every single time. I am reasonably strict with junk food, the exception being their birthday, Easter and Xmas day where they are told they can eat whatever they like.

On these days my kids binge on sugar and at the end of the day they are emotional, ratty, tired and generally hyper. Interestingly the next day thye are dead tired and just as ratty due to poor sleep.

Is it all sugars? Of course not, but it certainly is a contributor.

Bazza, you obviously do not have kids, or they are very special or they never eat junk/sugar.

My kids, do not have junk or soft drinks or cordial very often, but within minutes of having any high sugar drink or food my son especially goes crazy, there is an almost instant change of behaviour, it is like he has just been given speed or some kind of drug.

And, don't tell me its co incidence or a triple blind study with 100000000 kids is required to prove it. It happens every time without fail independent of external situations, it could be having some coke from Maccas while on a road trip, some snakes or similar while watching TV, or high sugar foods at a party.

Funny thing is I have seen were they have done test with parents who 100% believed that sugar made their kids hyper and they had no doubt in there mind they could tell if their kids had eaten sugar by there behavior.

They put the kids in groups and fed the kids and the parents couldn't guess correctly if there kids had sugar or not.

I suggest if sugar actually makes your kids that hyper get them checked out.

I have family members with small kids and you see why they go hyper with sugar.

1. They only get sugary treats at parties, special occasions were most kids go hyper no matter what you give them.

2. The parents basically groom them to think sugar makes them hyper. Kid has a soft drink and parent says don't drink to much or you will go hyper. So what does the kid do, go fucking hyper.

One kids parents said he went hyper with red cordial. The parents said it enough that the kid just acted like a tool when ever he had red cordial.

3. Confirmation bias. Parents remember every time that kids go hyper after sugar, confirming what they believe but forget the times they didn't go hyper and the times they go hyper without sugar.

Last edited:
Bazz, that's anecdotal and you're drawing conclusions based on some assumptions you are making about what goes on in someone else's mind.

not having a go, but that's the premise of your response below.

Bazz, that's anecdotal and you're drawing conclusions based on some assumptions you are making about what goes on in someone else's mind.

not having a go, but that's the premise of your response below.

Choc, sugar doesn't make kids go hyper. I am sure know this, I am not even sure why you are arguing me with this. Who is the one that likes to argue again? Since you claim to be about the science do a 5 minute search and you will find papers showing the sugar, hyperactivity myth in kids has been disproven over and over.

Here is a abstract of a review of a dozen trials on sugar and hyper kids
Hyperactivity: Is candy causal?

Debra A. Krummel a, Frances H. Seligson b, Helen A. Guthrie c & Dr. Dian A. Gans d
[...]

Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition
Volume 36, Issue 1-2, 1996, pages 31- 47
Available online: 29 Sep 2009
Abstract

Adverse behavioral responses to ingestion of any kind of candy have been reported repeatedly in the lay press. Parents and teachers alike attribute excessive motor activity and other disruptive behaviors to candy consumption. However, anecdotal observations of this kind need to be tested scientifically before conclusions can be drawn, and criteria for interpreting diet behavior studies must be rigorous. Ingredients in nonchocolate candy (sugar, artificial food colors), components in chocolate candy (sugar, artificial food colors in coatings, caffeine), and chocolate itself have been investigated for any adverse effects on behavior. Feingold theorized that food additives (artificial colors and flavors) and natural salicylates caused hyperactivity in children and elimination of these components would result in dramatic improvement in behavior. Numerous double‐blind studies of the Feingold hypothesis have led to the rejection of the idea that this elimination diet has any benefit beyond the normal placebo effect. Although sugar is widely believed by the public to cause hyperactive behavior, this has not been scientifically substantiated. Twelve double‐blind, placebo‐controlled studies of sugar challenges failed to provide any evidence that sugar ingestion leads to untoward behavior in children with Attention‐Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or in normal children. Likewise, none of the studies testing candy or chocolate found any negative effect of these foods on behavior. For children with behavioral problems, diet‐oriented treatment does not appear to be appropriate. Rather, clinicians treating these children recommend a multidisciplinary approach. The goal of diet treatment is to ensure a balanced diet with adequate energy and nutrients for optimal growth.

From the British Medical Journal
Sugar causes hyperactivity in children

While sugarplums may dance in children’s heads, visions of holiday sweets terrorise parents with anticipation of hyperactive behaviour. Regardless of what parents might believe, however, sugar is not to blame for out of control little ones. At least 12 double blind randomised controlled trials have examined how children react to diets containing different levels of sugar.2 None of these studies, not even studies looking specifically at children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, could detect any differences in behaviour between the children who had sugar and those who did not.3 This includes sugar from sweets, chocolate, and natural sources. Even in studies of those who were considered “sensitive” to sugar, children did not behave differently after eating sugar full or sugar-free diets.3

Scientists have even studied how parents react to the sugar myth. When parents think their children have been given a drink containing sugar (even if it is really sugar-free), they rate their children’s behaviour as more hyperactive.4 The differences in the children’s behaviour were …

Choc, sugar doesn't make kids go hyper. I am sure know this, I am not even sure why you are arguing me with this. Who is the one that likes to argue again? Since you claim to be about the science do a 5 minute search and you will find papers showing the sugar, hyperactivity myth in kids has been disproven over and over.

Bazz read my post below. I state that the link is inconclusive (ditto for colourings etc).

All I said was that your latest post was anecdotal and not really a counter to what Mick had stated.

that is all. I wasn't arguing.

Bazz read my post below. I state that the link is inconclusive (ditto for colourings etc).

All I said was that your latest post was anecdotal and not really a counter to what Mick had stated.

that is all. I wasn't arguing.

Choc the research shows the link is not there, its not inconclusive at all, that is just you saying it. Also funny enough the 3 reasons I gave why parents believe that kids go hyper were all mentioned as reasons in various studies.

Last edited:
Ok guys the last thing I want to see here is a fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!!! Hahahah :D

Hmm its very hard to sustain 20-50 grms of carbohydrates per day, especially long lasting and especially for the normal overweight person and no discuss of muscular building to decrease fat levels and change your BMR. You can shed body weight, but if you decrease muscular your BMR will lower, significance you have to eat less food. To shed body weight you should build muscular....

Last edited by a moderator: