• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Carb source

INJECTINJECT!

Hey AUSBB!!

This is my first post so yeah....

I was wondering whats the best carb source to mix with my post workout.
As it is my first time buying supplements, i have chosen to go with Bulk Nutrients.
I am considering 2kgs of WPC and either maltodextrin, dextrose, oats or w.axy maize.

suggestions will be very nice. :D

Last edited:
Alllrrriiigghhhttt :D

thanks for the fast reply, but what are the advantages over the other.
Is it like insulin spike or something like that??

To be honest you don't need any supplemental carbs.

Just train and go home and eat potatoes, rice, oats or pasta. Whatever our fav carbs source is.

Haha alright thanks for the advice man :D

Btw NBS seems cheaper, but from the treads previously it seems they be selling skim milk powder......lol

It's unlikely that you will have any issues with products bought from NBS now, by all accounts they've got their shit in order since all of this crap came to light. Whether you want to support them or not at this stage is up to you...

Hey AUSBB!!

As it is my first time buying supplements, i have chosen to go with Bulk Nutrients.
I am considering 2kgs of WPC and either maltodextrin, dextrose, oats or w.axy maize.

Mate I know what you are asking, a lot here don't like/believe in the post workout insulin spike protein shake to transport protein to muscles post workout, not sure I do, but I sometimes have one regardless, as there is some evidence that it assists in muscle recovery/growth. I use dextrose bought at Big W, its only a few $$ per kilo, and you find it in the home brew section, just add 20 or 30 grams to your regular protein powder serving.

Why?? Because it's cheap and because it's supposed to spike insulin almost immediately. What does insulin do?? Supposedly transport protein to muscles:)

Haha alright thanks for the advice man :D

Btw NBS seems cheaper, but from the treads previously it seems they be selling skim milk powder......lol

As said above, I doubt there would be any more issues with NoBull Protein, considering buying some myself now that they have their shit sorted, love the Mango and Choc-Honeycomb :)

I get this regularly in my email and seeing as the reason is always just to get an immediate replenishment of glycogen, I always tell them to go for the lowest priced carb which is dextrose.

This is where I give the exception of Waxy Maize or Oats.

If Dextrose is something they've tried which is either found disruptive to the stomach or found to be too sweet for their taste buds, Waxy Maize can be the substitute.

If they are not really using it for that immediate glycogen replenishment and want it closer to a mass type shake but more importantly wanting something that is closer to real food, I'll recommend the Fine Powdered Oats.

Most of the time it is the purpose of an insulin / glycogen replenish so just best save your money and go for the lowest priced of all of them.

I get this regularly in my email and seeing as the reason is always just to get an immediate replenishment of glycogen, I always tell them to go for the lowest priced carb which is dextrose.

This is where I give the exception of Waxy Maize or Oats.

If Dextrose is something they've tried which is either found disruptive to the stomach or found to be too sweet for their taste buds, Waxy Maize can be the substitute.

If they are not really using it for that immediate glycogen replenishment and want it closer to a mass type shake but more importantly wanting something that is closer to real food, I'll recommend the Fine Powderes Oats.

Most of the time it is the purpose of an insulin / glycogen replenish so just best save your money and go for the lowest priced of all of them.

I think a lot of people have it but for the wrong reasons.

No need for glycogen replenishment, it's really only used to spike insulin to transport protein into the muscles after they have been worked. The bigger and faster the spike the better for this purpose.

Hey AUSBB!!

Hot chips.

Why, because they taste good and do the same as any other carb.