• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Carb info

Forza_Onore

Im sure this has been mentioned on another thread. Sorry if it has.
Just want to know how many grams of carbs(weekly) should one consume during a carb loading phase?
Also how many grams of carbs is considered alot for one meal?

I don't understand your question exactly?
What carb loading phase are you talking about? Are you just talking about carbs in general?
Describe your current diet.

Also how many grams of carbs is considered alot for one meal?

This depends on your current weight and goals.

i eat about 200grams a day and ive been cutting on that for awhile. im now maintaining my weight and i still eat about that much, sometimes i'll go up to around 250+

I had a carb load yesterday. I almost made it to 1k of carbs. Never again.

It's entirely individual matey, eat some carbs see how your body reacts over a period of time. Adjust accordingly. Rinse and repeat. Don't sweat it too much.

i eat about 200grams a day and ive been cutting on that for awhile. im now maintaining my weight and i still eat about that much, sometimes i'll go up to around 250+

I had a carb load yesterday. I almost made it to 1k of carbs. Never again.

It's entirely individual matey, eat some carbs see how your body reacts over a period of time. Adjust accordingly. Rinse and repeat. Don't sweat it too much.

Cheers guys & my diet atm is:
Breakfast
1 cup oats
4 egg ommelette
1 protein shake
1 banana
Breakfast Juice
Morning Tea
4 bread rolls
Fruit Juice
600ml Choc Milk
Lunch
1 Medium pizza
1 Protein shake
After Training
1 Protein Shake
Dinner
Different from night to night
Before Bed
Slow release protein

Not the best diet but is improving every week.

Height/Weight?

Your goal seems to be mass.

If you just want to get the cals in and you're a little guy, you can obviously do better, but if it works for you now that's just fine. My only issue is the Morning Tea. There's nothing that resembles food there. Depending on what your schedule is/how you come about this food, try and get a protein source in there say add some cold cuts/meat to those bread rolls. Also if you're going to have Choccy Milk AND Juice, I'd stick to one or the other, preferrably neither. Unless of course it's post training, then go to town on it.

Also where abouts does your training fit into your day generally? I'm going to take a stab at it and say you're a student/at school?

Cheers guys & my diet atm is:
Breakfast
1 cup oats
4 egg ommelette
1 protein shake
1 banana
Breakfast Juice
Morning Tea
4 bread rolls
Fruit Juice
600ml Choc Milk
Lunch
1 Medium pizza
1 Protein shake
After Training
1 Protein Shake
Dinner
Different from night to night
Before Bed
Slow release protein

Not the best diet but is improving every week.

Pizza? everyday?

Height/Weight?

Your goal seems to be mass.

If you just want to get the cals in and you're a little guy, you can obviously do better, but if it works for you now that's just fine. My only issue is the Morning Tea. There's nothing that resembles food there. Depending on what your schedule is/how you come about this food, try and get a protein source in there say add some cold cuts/meat to those bread rolls. Also if you're going to have Choccy Milk AND Juice, I'd stick to one or the other, preferrably neither. Unless of course it's post training, then go to town on it.

Also where abouts does your training fit into your day generally? I'm going to take a stab at it and say you're a student/at school?

Yeah im 6ft tall & 78kg. I eat the bread rolls cause i figured its carbs.
Im not a student i work full time & im on the road half the day, meaning i train before dinner at about 4:30pm, sometimes again after dinner at 8ish

Ok, so ideally something more portable would be in order. Ideally Fruit/Starchy Veg would be a much better carb source than bread, but if the bread rolls are working for, I say add some meat, ditch the milk/juice. Water/Tea/Coffee if you want a drink.

Also if you're on the road for lunch or something like that could you get to Subway or something as opposed to a Pizza? Go for a Chicken Breast Sub, double meat and go to town on that.

Other than that, if you think you're gaining allright it should be fine. It's still not great, more a work in progress. Eventually if you could replace the the breads/fruit juices with starchy veggies/water you'd be golden. At the moment up the meat/solid protein first. Your only solid protein is 4 eggs.

You don't a carb loading day unless you are on a low carb diet or keto or the such. Your diet seems to be neither so i don't see why you would need a carb loading day or carb cycling.

You don't a carb loading day unless you are on a low carb diet or keto or the such. Your diet seems to be neither so i don't see why you would need a carb loading day or carb cycling.

Who said anything about a carb loading day, Im trying to bulk up so im trying to eat as much carbs as possible.

Ok, so ideally something more portable would be in order. Ideally Fruit/Starchy Veg would be a much better carb source than bread, but if the bread rolls are working for, I say add some meat, ditch the milk/juice. Water/Tea/Coffee if you want a drink.

Also if you're on the road for lunch or something like that could you get to Subway or something as opposed to a Pizza? Go for a Chicken Breast Sub, double meat and go to town on that.

Other than that, if you think you're gaining allright it should be fine. It's still not great, more a work in progress. Eventually if you could replace the the breads/fruit juices with starchy veggies/water you'd be golden. At the moment up the meat/solid protein first. Your only solid protein is 4 eggs.

Thanks mate everything you said makes sense. Who woulda thought eating fruit & vegtables would do the trick.

Who said anything about a carb loading day, Im trying to bulk up so im trying to eat as much carbs as possible.

That's a fantastic plan to become resistant to insulin and minimize your anabolic potential.

With that type of diet you have no business with carb loading. If your on the road a lot; you should invest in tupperware and have quality prepared meals, ie tuna salad with mixed nuts. That's better for you PLUS cheaper than subway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then why the heck are you calling it a carb loading phase. It's pretty easy to bulk. Just eat enough protein and eat more calories. Not exactly rocket science.